‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: The Future of Battles is Here
By Gel Galang | May 26, 2014 12:43 PM EST
The future of battle is looking bright, action-oriented and packed with unbelievable technology for fighting, if Sledgehammer Games' upcoming title for the "Call of Duty" franchise is anything to go by.
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" may just be that one installment that would change the flow of its long-standing battle and comparisons with other shooter games like "Battlefield," "Titanfall" and the upcoming "Destiny" from Bungie, despite how there may be similarities in the gameplay.
Speaking with Game Informer, the developer has detailed some of the new technology and weapons that gamers can explore once they take on the call of battle in the future. One of these—and a good example of making gamers feel that "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is taking the fight to the next generation—are the hover bikes, which takes after current models of motorcycles and snowmobiles with details that really pertain to a technology for the future. This includes the smart glass-made windshield, armour that deflects enemy fire and ability for high-speed chases.
3-D printing is taken far into the future and into the battlegrounds, too, as there is also a 3-D Printer Rifle. This weapon allows gamers to load a canister and print the ammunition on the spot—so much for players having to bring a weapon and ammo with them.
The Exo Suit for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is also a big change for the "Call of Duty" franchise. Not only is this a new thing for the title but it also changes the gameplay of the game. Players can now partake in the battle with more than just shooting and throwing grenades—lifting vehicles and heavier objects, scaling buildings and running at high speeds are no longer out of the question.
Perhaps taking some form of inspiration from "Titanfall," soldiers in the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" franchise can also pilot mechanical suits. While they are not titans themselves, these are, again, a new form of battling with the enemy.
The landscape of the battle in "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" will be changing dramatically, which is particularly what makes this new game from Sledgehammer Games even more interesting than the previous installments.
More 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' at the E3 2014
Considering the slated release date for the game is on Nov. 4 of this year, it won't be a surprise to expect more at the E3 2014.
Developer Sledgehammer Games has previously teased something for the E3 2014 at its official community forum.
"The anticipation of showing off the most ambitious project we've ever worked on is a truly humbling feeling, and we could not be more proud of the amazing work being crafted by the team at Sledgehammer Games. The studio is buzzing with the excitement and looking forward to sharing more from our game with you," said Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, co-founders of Sledgehammer Games.
Aside from allowing a meet-and-greet with fans, the developer will also be providing photo galleries and updates from the showroom for the game.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One And 360 Updates: MTV, Twitch App Announced As New 500GB Hard Drive Gets Revealed
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members