‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: The Future of Battles is Here
By Gel Galang | May 26, 2014 12:43 PM EST
The future of battle is looking bright, action-oriented and packed with unbelievable technology for fighting, if Sledgehammer Games' upcoming title for the "Call of Duty" franchise is anything to go by.
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" may just be that one installment that would change the flow of its long-standing battle and comparisons with other shooter games like "Battlefield," "Titanfall" and the upcoming "Destiny" from Bungie, despite how there may be similarities in the gameplay.
Speaking with Game Informer, the developer has detailed some of the new technology and weapons that gamers can explore once they take on the call of battle in the future. One of these—and a good example of making gamers feel that "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is taking the fight to the next generation—are the hover bikes, which takes after current models of motorcycles and snowmobiles with details that really pertain to a technology for the future. This includes the smart glass-made windshield, armour that deflects enemy fire and ability for high-speed chases.
3-D printing is taken far into the future and into the battlegrounds, too, as there is also a 3-D Printer Rifle. This weapon allows gamers to load a canister and print the ammunition on the spot—so much for players having to bring a weapon and ammo with them.
The Exo Suit for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is also a big change for the "Call of Duty" franchise. Not only is this a new thing for the title but it also changes the gameplay of the game. Players can now partake in the battle with more than just shooting and throwing grenades—lifting vehicles and heavier objects, scaling buildings and running at high speeds are no longer out of the question.
Perhaps taking some form of inspiration from "Titanfall," soldiers in the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" franchise can also pilot mechanical suits. While they are not titans themselves, these are, again, a new form of battling with the enemy.
The landscape of the battle in "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" will be changing dramatically, which is particularly what makes this new game from Sledgehammer Games even more interesting than the previous installments.
More 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' at the E3 2014
Considering the slated release date for the game is on Nov. 4 of this year, it won't be a surprise to expect more at the E3 2014.
Developer Sledgehammer Games has previously teased something for the E3 2014 at its official community forum.
"The anticipation of showing off the most ambitious project we've ever worked on is a truly humbling feeling, and we could not be more proud of the amazing work being crafted by the team at Sledgehammer Games. The studio is buzzing with the excitement and looking forward to sharing more from our game with you," said Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, co-founders of Sledgehammer Games.
Aside from allowing a meet-and-greet with fans, the developer will also be providing photo galleries and updates from the showroom for the game.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports