‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’: Quicksilver Evan Peters Steals The Movie
By Tanya Diente | May 26, 2014 12:38 PM EST
Evan Peters is a recurring star of "American Horror Story," but he's about to get really famous with his role as Quicksilver in "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
Actor and cast member Evan Peters arrives at the North Hollywood special screening of the television series "American Horror Story" in Los Angeles, California April 18, 2012.
Warning: Spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.
Evan Peters plays Quicksilver, a silver-haired mutant with lightning speed ability. As the new mutant addition to the 'X-Men" franchise, based on first look alone, few people would think his role as Quicksilver would be the breakout character, according to MTV. Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) and Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique) may be the two main stars of "X-Men: Days of Future Past," but Evan Peters steals the movie, reports Business Insider.
Peters, according to Business Insider, had the hands-down best scene in the movie. As Quicksilver, he was given the seemingly impossible task of breaking into the Pentagon to rescue a young Magneto, played by Michael Fassbender, out of a prison cell 100 floors beneath the said government building. This rescue is the big pay-off scene in the movie, where MTV calls it the most unique and whimsical action scene in the entire "X-Men" series. Here, fans see Evan Peters as the quick-footed and quick- witted speedster who races around a room filled with armed forces, blocking the onslaught of bullets from hitting Wolverine, Magneto and Professor Xavier (photo here). But before addressing the oncoming danger, he messes with the guards first; poking on their faces (photo), swiping another's hat (photo) and knocking the caps off the guards' head (photo). According to MTV, the slow-motion sequence of this scene received rave reviews for its originality and style. Peters himself was impressed.
"I was completely taken off guard by it," Peters told MTV News, adding that he was very happy with the outcome.
Evan Peters recalled while shooting the scene that he was playing it over the top, that director Bryan Singer had to tell him to take it easy. Peters told MTV that the scene required a lot of work, including motion capture and repeated takes. Singer had to use a high-speed camera filming at 3,600 frames per second, according to Business Insider. This way, it can capture everything in the scene except when Quicksilver's motion had to be slowed down to give the illusion that he was running at supersonic speed. When Quicksilver poked at a guard's cheek, the rippling effect (photo) was caused by the slow motion and not from special effects. MTV reports that despite the many takes, Peters relishes the chance to play one of the surprise hits in the "X-Men" sequel.
Evan Peters ("Kick Ass") recalled the time he got the role that he was literally jumping up and down of excitement. According to Thewrap, he didn't even have to audition. The role as Quicksilver was offered to him by Singer, which to him was unexpected and mind-blowing especially for a big movie like "X-Men."
Business Insider reports that Evan Peters will reprise his role as Quicksilver in "X-Men: Apocalypse," this time with a larger role.
Source: Youtube/X-Men Movies
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date