‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’: Quicksilver Evan Peters Steals The Movie
By Tanya Diente | May 26, 2014 12:38 PM EST
Evan Peters is a recurring star of "American Horror Story," but he's about to get really famous with his role as Quicksilver in "X-Men: Days of Future Past."
Actor and cast member Evan Peters arrives at the North Hollywood special screening of the television series "American Horror Story" in Los Angeles, California April 18, 2012.
Warning: Spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.
Evan Peters plays Quicksilver, a silver-haired mutant with lightning speed ability. As the new mutant addition to the 'X-Men" franchise, based on first look alone, few people would think his role as Quicksilver would be the breakout character, according to MTV. Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) and Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique) may be the two main stars of "X-Men: Days of Future Past," but Evan Peters steals the movie, reports Business Insider.
Peters, according to Business Insider, had the hands-down best scene in the movie. As Quicksilver, he was given the seemingly impossible task of breaking into the Pentagon to rescue a young Magneto, played by Michael Fassbender, out of a prison cell 100 floors beneath the said government building. This rescue is the big pay-off scene in the movie, where MTV calls it the most unique and whimsical action scene in the entire "X-Men" series. Here, fans see Evan Peters as the quick-footed and quick- witted speedster who races around a room filled with armed forces, blocking the onslaught of bullets from hitting Wolverine, Magneto and Professor Xavier (photo here). But before addressing the oncoming danger, he messes with the guards first; poking on their faces (photo), swiping another's hat (photo) and knocking the caps off the guards' head (photo). According to MTV, the slow-motion sequence of this scene received rave reviews for its originality and style. Peters himself was impressed.
"I was completely taken off guard by it," Peters told MTV News, adding that he was very happy with the outcome.
Evan Peters recalled while shooting the scene that he was playing it over the top, that director Bryan Singer had to tell him to take it easy. Peters told MTV that the scene required a lot of work, including motion capture and repeated takes. Singer had to use a high-speed camera filming at 3,600 frames per second, according to Business Insider. This way, it can capture everything in the scene except when Quicksilver's motion had to be slowed down to give the illusion that he was running at supersonic speed. When Quicksilver poked at a guard's cheek, the rippling effect (photo) was caused by the slow motion and not from special effects. MTV reports that despite the many takes, Peters relishes the chance to play one of the surprise hits in the "X-Men" sequel.
Evan Peters ("Kick Ass") recalled the time he got the role that he was literally jumping up and down of excitement. According to Thewrap, he didn't even have to audition. The role as Quicksilver was offered to him by Singer, which to him was unexpected and mind-blowing especially for a big movie like "X-Men."
Business Insider reports that Evan Peters will reprise his role as Quicksilver in "X-Men: Apocalypse," this time with a larger role.
Source: Youtube/X-Men Movies
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage