Sony Xperia SP New Certified Firmware 12.1.A.1.205 Unveiled; Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Remains Unclear
By Ryan Inoyori | May 26, 2014 12:37 PM EST
New firmware version 12.1.A.1.205 has been certified by PTCRB which may bring the major bug fixing patch to the flickering screen reported on the 12.1.A.1.201 update. However, Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade remains unclear and it is unknown if this firmware was the one referred by Vodafone Spain.
Sony Xperia SP 12.1.A.1.205
PTCRB just certified a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for Sony Xperia SP with build number 12.1.A.1.205. It is an incremental upgrade which may have the major bug fixing patch that fixes the flickering display screen issue reported on the previous Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update having the build version 12.1.A.1.201.
Firmware build 12.1.A.1.205 certified on May 23rd is compatible for Sony Xperia SP C5302, C5303 and C5306 models. Sony Mobile may possibly release the new firmware before the month ends or by early June.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Remains Unclear
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia SP is still unclear and Sony Mobile has not yet confirmed or denied the development of the said firmware. Vodafone Spain hinted out that Sony is developing a firmware for Xperia SP but the network carrier has no idea what version and what features the new software would bring to the device.
"For now, Sony told us that is has begun work on a new version of software, but has not given details about changes that could include this new version nor have provided a forecast for output. I commented at the time that something new arises," posted by forum representatives of Vodafone Spain.
Sony Xperia SP's official software support Web page still displays the device "under investigation" for Android 4.4.2 KitKat similar with Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V smartphones.
According to XperiaBlog, JustAboutPhones claims that Sony Xperia SP is likely to receive an Android 4.4.2 KitKat next month based on an internal document. Based on the firmware update roadmap, Xperia SP will join Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 on getting the latest Android software version.
— Sony Xperia (@sonyxperia) January 22, 2014
Sony Mobile did announce the upcoming Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 arriving in July after rolling out the software for Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z. But, the company did not include Xperia SP on the next batch of Android 4.4.2 KitKat recipients which contrast the leaked update roadmap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- ‘Minecraft’ Buyout By Microsoft Complete as Mojang's Notch Says His Farewell
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet