Sony Xperia SP New Certified Firmware 12.1.A.1.205 Unveiled; Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Remains Unclear
By Ryan Inoyori | May 26, 2014 12:37 PM EST
New firmware version 12.1.A.1.205 has been certified by PTCRB which may bring the major bug fixing patch to the flickering screen reported on the 12.1.A.1.201 update. However, Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade remains unclear and it is unknown if this firmware was the one referred by Vodafone Spain.
Sony Xperia SP 12.1.A.1.205
PTCRB just certified a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for Sony Xperia SP with build number 12.1.A.1.205. It is an incremental upgrade which may have the major bug fixing patch that fixes the flickering display screen issue reported on the previous Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update having the build version 12.1.A.1.201.
Firmware build 12.1.A.1.205 certified on May 23rd is compatible for Sony Xperia SP C5302, C5303 and C5306 models. Sony Mobile may possibly release the new firmware before the month ends or by early June.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Remains Unclear
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia SP is still unclear and Sony Mobile has not yet confirmed or denied the development of the said firmware. Vodafone Spain hinted out that Sony is developing a firmware for Xperia SP but the network carrier has no idea what version and what features the new software would bring to the device.
"For now, Sony told us that is has begun work on a new version of software, but has not given details about changes that could include this new version nor have provided a forecast for output. I commented at the time that something new arises," posted by forum representatives of Vodafone Spain.
Sony Xperia SP's official software support Web page still displays the device "under investigation" for Android 4.4.2 KitKat similar with Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V smartphones.
According to XperiaBlog, JustAboutPhones claims that Sony Xperia SP is likely to receive an Android 4.4.2 KitKat next month based on an internal document. Based on the firmware update roadmap, Xperia SP will join Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 on getting the latest Android software version.
— Sony Xperia (@sonyxperia) January 22, 2014
Sony Mobile did announce the upcoming Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 arriving in July after rolling out the software for Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z. But, the company did not include Xperia SP on the next batch of Android 4.4.2 KitKat recipients which contrast the leaked update roadmap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- ‘GTA V’ Zombies DLC Cheat Code Proves Character Change For Players---Report
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How