Sony Xperia SP New Certified Firmware 12.1.A.1.205 Unveiled; Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Remains Unclear
By Ryan Inoyori | May 26, 2014 12:37 PM EST
New firmware version 12.1.A.1.205 has been certified by PTCRB which may bring the major bug fixing patch to the flickering screen reported on the 12.1.A.1.201 update. However, Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade remains unclear and it is unknown if this firmware was the one referred by Vodafone Spain.
Sony Xperia SP 12.1.A.1.205
PTCRB just certified a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for Sony Xperia SP with build number 12.1.A.1.205. It is an incremental upgrade which may have the major bug fixing patch that fixes the flickering display screen issue reported on the previous Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update having the build version 12.1.A.1.201.
Firmware build 12.1.A.1.205 certified on May 23rd is compatible for Sony Xperia SP C5302, C5303 and C5306 models. Sony Mobile may possibly release the new firmware before the month ends or by early June.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Remains Unclear
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia SP is still unclear and Sony Mobile has not yet confirmed or denied the development of the said firmware. Vodafone Spain hinted out that Sony is developing a firmware for Xperia SP but the network carrier has no idea what version and what features the new software would bring to the device.
"For now, Sony told us that is has begun work on a new version of software, but has not given details about changes that could include this new version nor have provided a forecast for output. I commented at the time that something new arises," posted by forum representatives of Vodafone Spain.
Sony Xperia SP's official software support Web page still displays the device "under investigation" for Android 4.4.2 KitKat similar with Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V smartphones.
According to XperiaBlog, JustAboutPhones claims that Sony Xperia SP is likely to receive an Android 4.4.2 KitKat next month based on an internal document. Based on the firmware update roadmap, Xperia SP will join Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 on getting the latest Android software version.
— Sony Xperia (@sonyxperia) January 22, 2014
Sony Mobile did announce the upcoming Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 arriving in July after rolling out the software for Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z. But, the company did not include Xperia SP on the next batch of Android 4.4.2 KitKat recipients which contrast the leaked update roadmap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James