Sony Xperia SP New Certified Firmware 12.1.A.1.205 Unveiled; Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Remains Unclear
By Ryan Inoyori | May 26, 2014 12:37 PM EST
New firmware version 12.1.A.1.205 has been certified by PTCRB which may bring the major bug fixing patch to the flickering screen reported on the 12.1.A.1.201 update. However, Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade remains unclear and it is unknown if this firmware was the one referred by Vodafone Spain.
Sony Xperia SP 12.1.A.1.205
PTCRB just certified a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for Sony Xperia SP with build number 12.1.A.1.205. It is an incremental upgrade which may have the major bug fixing patch that fixes the flickering display screen issue reported on the previous Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update having the build version 12.1.A.1.201.
Firmware build 12.1.A.1.205 certified on May 23rd is compatible for Sony Xperia SP C5302, C5303 and C5306 models. Sony Mobile may possibly release the new firmware before the month ends or by early June.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Remains Unclear
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia SP is still unclear and Sony Mobile has not yet confirmed or denied the development of the said firmware. Vodafone Spain hinted out that Sony is developing a firmware for Xperia SP but the network carrier has no idea what version and what features the new software would bring to the device.
"For now, Sony told us that is has begun work on a new version of software, but has not given details about changes that could include this new version nor have provided a forecast for output. I commented at the time that something new arises," posted by forum representatives of Vodafone Spain.
Sony Xperia SP's official software support Web page still displays the device "under investigation" for Android 4.4.2 KitKat similar with Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V smartphones.
According to XperiaBlog, JustAboutPhones claims that Sony Xperia SP is likely to receive an Android 4.4.2 KitKat next month based on an internal document. Based on the firmware update roadmap, Xperia SP will join Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 on getting the latest Android software version.
— Sony Xperia (@sonyxperia) January 22, 2014
Sony Mobile did announce the upcoming Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 arriving in July after rolling out the software for Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z. But, the company did not include Xperia SP on the next batch of Android 4.4.2 KitKat recipients which contrast the leaked update roadmap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family