'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Lexi to Appear Again in Flashbacks
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 26, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Executive producer Julie Plec continues to answer the questions that "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale left behind like if there is a chance for the fans to see Lexi (Arielle Kebbel) again in Season 6. Even though the Other Side already collapsed, there is still a way for Lexi to make an appearance in the CW TV series and it is through flashbacks.
In the Hollywood Reporter interview, Julie Plec teased that the fan-favorite vampire Lexi might make an appearance again in the show despite the true goodbye to the character as well as Grams (Jasmine Guy) and Silas (Paul Wesley) in the Season 5 finale. "Lexi is great in our flashbacks and part of Stefan's life, all the way from 1864 on, so we might see Arielle [Kebbel] again as Lexi in the past. As for the present, she sacrificed herself for her friend," Plec shared.
Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) got really upset in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale because he lost two important people in his life, his brother Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Lexi. As Stefan mourns over losing his old vampire friend again, flashback scenes featuring the Lexi-Stefan moments can be expected in the upcoming new season.
The executive producer further teased that "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 will have the residents of Mystic Falls starting over from everything that has happened. Furthermore, there will be an extensive amount of time that passed by, Mystic Falls is still under the "no-magic" spell and the TVD gang might not be initially in just one place.
"Where are they living? What are they doing? How are they acting? And how are they going to find a solution to this circumstance that the Travelers created for them. It seems fairly permanent. With the time jump, they've had to come to terms that it is permanent. Who's going to fix that problem and how?" Julie Plec added to the THR after revealing that Season 6 theme will be a do-over or having second chances for the characters.
With the mention of the time jump in the interview, Julie Plec was asked how much time passed since the heartbreaking Season 5 finale and the executive producer responded that it will be more than a few months. "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 is expected to premiere in October 2014 on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: New Female Character to Arrive at Mystic Falls, What Happens to Stefan, Elena and Alaric in New Season - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor to Direct Again in Season 6, Reveals Stefan and Caroline Should Have a 'Sexy Time' in New Season - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Executive Producer Julie Plec Answers the Burning Question on Damon and Bonnie's Fate - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand