‘The Bachelor Australia’ Named: Blake Garvey Looking for Love in Show’s 2nd Season
By Anne Lu | May 26, 2014 11:39 AM EST
“The Bachelor Australia” has been named. Blake Garvey is set to follow the footsteps of Tim Robards in looking for love in the second season of the Ten Network reality show.
The 31-year-old half-African American basketball enthusiast and real estate auctioneer from Perth is currently single because of “bad timing and circumstance,” but he believes that he will meet the woman of his dreams in the show.
His knowledge of women came from being raised by the two women of his life: his mum and grandmother.
“You have to grow up very quickly when you are raised by a single mum; nothing is sugar-coated, that’s for sure,” he was quoted by the Daily Telegraph as saying.
He remains on good terms with his father, a former American football player living in the U.S.
“My mum is a very strong woman and she had me at a very young age so she was also growing up, in a way, at the same time that I was,” he continued.
“So it was almost a mutual thing. But I’m extremely thankful for my upbringing; it really made me who I am and I’m grateful for that.”
He refused to name his “type” of girl, though, “because you always end up with the opposite to your type. So it comes down to the person and having a rapport and a lot in common.”
Garvey, who stands at 196 centimetres, was the perfect choice for Ten.
“During the casting process, we asked thousands of eligible young women what they were looking for and Blake met every criteria and more,” Stephen Tate, the network’s Head of Entertainment and Factual Programming, said.
“We met Blake quite early in the casting process and he instantly set the level. By the end of the national casting tour, he was still head and shoulders above the rest. We are so fortunate he has agreed to look for love on The Bachelor Australia.”
In November 2013, the first Australian Bachelor, chiropractor Tim Robards, did not end up with an engagement, but he found the love of his life in Anna Heinrich.
“The Bachelor Australia” series two doesn’t have an airing date yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon