‘The Bachelor Australia’ Named: Blake Garvey Looking for Love in Show’s 2nd Season
By Anne Lu | May 26, 2014 11:39 AM EST
“The Bachelor Australia” has been named. Blake Garvey is set to follow the footsteps of Tim Robards in looking for love in the second season of the Ten Network reality show.
The 31-year-old half-African American basketball enthusiast and real estate auctioneer from Perth is currently single because of “bad timing and circumstance,” but he believes that he will meet the woman of his dreams in the show.
His knowledge of women came from being raised by the two women of his life: his mum and grandmother.
“You have to grow up very quickly when you are raised by a single mum; nothing is sugar-coated, that’s for sure,” he was quoted by the Daily Telegraph as saying.
He remains on good terms with his father, a former American football player living in the U.S.
“My mum is a very strong woman and she had me at a very young age so she was also growing up, in a way, at the same time that I was,” he continued.
“So it was almost a mutual thing. But I’m extremely thankful for my upbringing; it really made me who I am and I’m grateful for that.”
He refused to name his “type” of girl, though, “because you always end up with the opposite to your type. So it comes down to the person and having a rapport and a lot in common.”
Garvey, who stands at 196 centimetres, was the perfect choice for Ten.
“During the casting process, we asked thousands of eligible young women what they were looking for and Blake met every criteria and more,” Stephen Tate, the network’s Head of Entertainment and Factual Programming, said.
“We met Blake quite early in the casting process and he instantly set the level. By the end of the national casting tour, he was still head and shoulders above the rest. We are so fortunate he has agreed to look for love on The Bachelor Australia.”
In November 2013, the first Australian Bachelor, chiropractor Tim Robards, did not end up with an engagement, but he found the love of his life in Anna Heinrich.
“The Bachelor Australia” series two doesn’t have an airing date yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying