‘The Bachelor Australia’ Named: Blake Garvey Looking for Love in Show’s 2nd Season
By Anne Lu | May 26, 2014 11:39 AM EST
“The Bachelor Australia” has been named. Blake Garvey is set to follow the footsteps of Tim Robards in looking for love in the second season of the Ten Network reality show.
The 31-year-old half-African American basketball enthusiast and real estate auctioneer from Perth is currently single because of “bad timing and circumstance,” but he believes that he will meet the woman of his dreams in the show.
His knowledge of women came from being raised by the two women of his life: his mum and grandmother.
“You have to grow up very quickly when you are raised by a single mum; nothing is sugar-coated, that’s for sure,” he was quoted by the Daily Telegraph as saying.
He remains on good terms with his father, a former American football player living in the U.S.
“My mum is a very strong woman and she had me at a very young age so she was also growing up, in a way, at the same time that I was,” he continued.
“So it was almost a mutual thing. But I’m extremely thankful for my upbringing; it really made me who I am and I’m grateful for that.”
He refused to name his “type” of girl, though, “because you always end up with the opposite to your type. So it comes down to the person and having a rapport and a lot in common.”
Garvey, who stands at 196 centimetres, was the perfect choice for Ten.
“During the casting process, we asked thousands of eligible young women what they were looking for and Blake met every criteria and more,” Stephen Tate, the network’s Head of Entertainment and Factual Programming, said.
“We met Blake quite early in the casting process and he instantly set the level. By the end of the national casting tour, he was still head and shoulders above the rest. We are so fortunate he has agreed to look for love on The Bachelor Australia.”
In November 2013, the first Australian Bachelor, chiropractor Tim Robards, did not end up with an engagement, but he found the love of his life in Anna Heinrich.
“The Bachelor Australia” series two doesn’t have an airing date yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists