‘The Bachelor Australia’ Named: Blake Garvey Looking for Love in Show’s 2nd Season
By Anne Lu | May 26, 2014 11:39 AM EST
“The Bachelor Australia” has been named. Blake Garvey is set to follow the footsteps of Tim Robards in looking for love in the second season of the Ten Network reality show.
The 31-year-old half-African American basketball enthusiast and real estate auctioneer from Perth is currently single because of “bad timing and circumstance,” but he believes that he will meet the woman of his dreams in the show.
His knowledge of women came from being raised by the two women of his life: his mum and grandmother.
“You have to grow up very quickly when you are raised by a single mum; nothing is sugar-coated, that’s for sure,” he was quoted by the Daily Telegraph as saying.
He remains on good terms with his father, a former American football player living in the U.S.
“My mum is a very strong woman and she had me at a very young age so she was also growing up, in a way, at the same time that I was,” he continued.
“So it was almost a mutual thing. But I’m extremely thankful for my upbringing; it really made me who I am and I’m grateful for that.”
He refused to name his “type” of girl, though, “because you always end up with the opposite to your type. So it comes down to the person and having a rapport and a lot in common.”
Garvey, who stands at 196 centimetres, was the perfect choice for Ten.
“During the casting process, we asked thousands of eligible young women what they were looking for and Blake met every criteria and more,” Stephen Tate, the network’s Head of Entertainment and Factual Programming, said.
“We met Blake quite early in the casting process and he instantly set the level. By the end of the national casting tour, he was still head and shoulders above the rest. We are so fortunate he has agreed to look for love on The Bachelor Australia.”
In November 2013, the first Australian Bachelor, chiropractor Tim Robards, did not end up with an engagement, but he found the love of his life in Anna Heinrich.
“The Bachelor Australia” series two doesn’t have an airing date yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report