‘The Bachelor Australia’ Named: Blake Garvey Looking for Love in Show’s 2nd Season
By Anne Lu | May 26, 2014 11:39 AM EST
“The Bachelor Australia” has been named. Blake Garvey is set to follow the footsteps of Tim Robards in looking for love in the second season of the Ten Network reality show.
The 31-year-old half-African American basketball enthusiast and real estate auctioneer from Perth is currently single because of “bad timing and circumstance,” but he believes that he will meet the woman of his dreams in the show.
His knowledge of women came from being raised by the two women of his life: his mum and grandmother.
“You have to grow up very quickly when you are raised by a single mum; nothing is sugar-coated, that’s for sure,” he was quoted by the Daily Telegraph as saying.
He remains on good terms with his father, a former American football player living in the U.S.
“My mum is a very strong woman and she had me at a very young age so she was also growing up, in a way, at the same time that I was,” he continued.
“So it was almost a mutual thing. But I’m extremely thankful for my upbringing; it really made me who I am and I’m grateful for that.”
He refused to name his “type” of girl, though, “because you always end up with the opposite to your type. So it comes down to the person and having a rapport and a lot in common.”
Garvey, who stands at 196 centimetres, was the perfect choice for Ten.
“During the casting process, we asked thousands of eligible young women what they were looking for and Blake met every criteria and more,” Stephen Tate, the network’s Head of Entertainment and Factual Programming, said.
“We met Blake quite early in the casting process and he instantly set the level. By the end of the national casting tour, he was still head and shoulders above the rest. We are so fortunate he has agreed to look for love on The Bachelor Australia.”
In November 2013, the first Australian Bachelor, chiropractor Tim Robards, did not end up with an engagement, but he found the love of his life in Anna Heinrich.
“The Bachelor Australia” series two doesn’t have an airing date yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims