“The Giver” Character Posters Released: Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges, Alexander Skarsgard and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 26, 2014 10:58 AM EST
A story set in a black and white world, the Philip Noyce's film adaptation of Lois Lowry's young adult novel "The Giver" is projected to make a stunning dystopian movie debut when it hits theatres, following its release of intriguing character posters around the Web.
The Weinstein Company, the studio behind the upcoming dystopian movie, has been on a roll after releasing eight posters of "The Giver" characters.
Completed with a star-studded cast, starring Australian actor Brenton Thwaites with Academy Award winners Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges, pop superstar Taylor Swift, Alexander Skarsgard, Katie Holmes and more, the studio has made sure to create the right hype at the exact moment when all fans of Lois Lowry's novel are in great anticipation of any snippet of the movie.
Releasing posters to Web sites such as MTV, Huffington Post, SheKnows, Teen.com, Fandango and Yahoo Movies, the studio has given hope to all fans who have not been too happy at the release of "The Giver's" first trailer, which shows a bright world in full color other than the story's depiction of a black and white world.
The character posters recently released are all in black and white and with just a streak of color (click the mentioned Web sites to check out the character posters).
Apparently, fans should not worry since Yahoo Movies reported that despite the trailer being in full color, parts of the new dystopian movie is going to be presented in black and white according to the studio.
Other films that have no doubt taking risks and are continuously making impact are two hugely popular dystopian movies, namely the "Hunger Games," starring Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson, and "Divergent," starring Shailene Woodley and Theo James.
Both movies have been a huge success with its fictional communities, gaining fans and an immense following worldwide. With the buildup that "The Giver" has been giving to the public, the Philip Noyce's film adaptation is expected to follow the success of both earlier dystopian movies.
In a previous report, it was suggested that the new dystopian movie may be bigger than "Hunger Games" and "Divergent," but will it surpass the success both movies are getting? Fans and curious moviegoers are yet to find out as "The Giver" sets out to hit theatres on August 15, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation