“The Giver” Character Posters Released: Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges, Alexander Skarsgard and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 26, 2014 10:58 AM EST
A story set in a black and white world, the Philip Noyce's film adaptation of Lois Lowry's young adult novel "The Giver" is projected to make a stunning dystopian movie debut when it hits theatres, following its release of intriguing character posters around the Web.
The Weinstein Company, the studio behind the upcoming dystopian movie, has been on a roll after releasing eight posters of "The Giver" characters.
Completed with a star-studded cast, starring Australian actor Brenton Thwaites with Academy Award winners Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges, pop superstar Taylor Swift, Alexander Skarsgard, Katie Holmes and more, the studio has made sure to create the right hype at the exact moment when all fans of Lois Lowry's novel are in great anticipation of any snippet of the movie.
Releasing posters to Web sites such as MTV, Huffington Post, SheKnows, Teen.com, Fandango and Yahoo Movies, the studio has given hope to all fans who have not been too happy at the release of "The Giver's" first trailer, which shows a bright world in full color other than the story's depiction of a black and white world.
The character posters recently released are all in black and white and with just a streak of color (click the mentioned Web sites to check out the character posters).
Apparently, fans should not worry since Yahoo Movies reported that despite the trailer being in full color, parts of the new dystopian movie is going to be presented in black and white according to the studio.
Other films that have no doubt taking risks and are continuously making impact are two hugely popular dystopian movies, namely the "Hunger Games," starring Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson, and "Divergent," starring Shailene Woodley and Theo James.
Both movies have been a huge success with its fictional communities, gaining fans and an immense following worldwide. With the buildup that "The Giver" has been giving to the public, the Philip Noyce's film adaptation is expected to follow the success of both earlier dystopian movies.
In a previous report, it was suggested that the new dystopian movie may be bigger than "Hunger Games" and "Divergent," but will it surpass the success both movies are getting? Fans and curious moviegoers are yet to find out as "The Giver" sets out to hit theatres on August 15, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand