Floyd Mayweather Explains Las Vegas Brawl With T.I.
By Anne Lu | May 26, 2014 9:26 AM EST
Rapper T.I. got into a fight with champion boxer Floyd Mayweather at a Fatburger joint in Las Vegas early Sunday morning. The spontaneous brawl was apparently sparked by a photo together of T.I.’s wife and Floyd’s daughter.
WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. poses on the scale during an official weigh-in at the MGM Grand Garden Arenain Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2, 2014. Mayweather faces WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana of Argentina in a WBC/WBA unification fight at the arena on May 3.
According to witnesses, Floyd was eating inside the restaurant when the “Whatever You Like” artist walked up and confronted the pugilist. He then swung at Floyd, prompting their bodyguards to get involved.
An employee of the restaurant was “slashed” during the fight, but he refused medical treatment and did not want to cooperate with the police, according to TMZ.
The brawl was captured multiple videos by bystanders, which are obtained by TMZ.
The Las Vegas police arrived in the scene, but T.I. had already gone.
It is unclear was set off the fight, but according to the gossip site, it appears that it was a case of jealousy.
Hours before the incident, Tameka “Tiny” Cottle, the rapper’s wife, posted a picture of her and Floyd’s daughter on Instagram, in which she called the girl her “new boo.”
T.I. reportedly wasn’t thrilled with his wife hanging out with Floyd, feeling it was disrespectful to him. He confronted Floyd in person, only intending to talk to him, but he lost it when Floyd told him to “control your b****.”
Floyd denied any romantic involvement with Tiny, though. He apologised for calling Tiny a “b****.”
“I been knowing Tiny before T.I. I’ve never slept with her, I never kissed her, never touched her in no inappropriate way,” Floyd told NecoleBitchie.com.
“I throw my daughter [Iyanna] a big [14th] birthday bash today. I’m eating at Fatburger and next thing you know, he walk in talking about we need to talk again,” Floyd continued, referring to a past incident when T.I. confronted him about his relationship with Tiny.
“And then I told him, ‘You need to get the f*** outta my face. That’s what you better do.’ And then he said, ‘I ain’t talking to all these people so you ain’t gotta talk loud.’ I said, ‘Liten, don’t come to my face with no disrespectful s***. Like I told you before, you must’ve forgot what I did for a living.’ He said, ‘You do in the ring, I do it in the streets.’ I said, ‘My man, I do it everywhere. You can find out if you want to.’ Just like that.
“Then a couple of words exchange and people got to pushing and a riot kinda broke out. And then a bunch of chaos and that was basically it. Because, like I said before, he probably does some foolish things, but he ain’t no damn fool to swing on me.”
Floyd continued, “Only person I wanna apologise towards is Tiny. I said something like ‘control your b****’ and I don’t want to sayt hat about Tiny. So I do apologise to Tiny because she cool people, man. She cool. She never been disrespectful to me.”
Read Floyd’s full explanation here.
This isn’t the first time T.I. has had a run-in with the police.
Just in April, the 33-year-old hip-hop artist, who has served prison sentence in the past, and fellow rapper The Game were involved in a fight after some of their friends were denied entrance at a club in Los Angeles. A violent fight ensued between their friends and the club’s security. The police arrived, which led the rappers, who stormed out of the club at that time, to believe that the cops were the ones who beat their friends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet