Floyd Mayweather Explains Las Vegas Brawl With T.I.
By Anne Lu | May 26, 2014 9:26 AM EST
Rapper T.I. got into a fight with champion boxer Floyd Mayweather at a Fatburger joint in Las Vegas early Sunday morning. The spontaneous brawl was apparently sparked by a photo together of T.I.’s wife and Floyd’s daughter.
WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. poses on the scale during an official weigh-in at the MGM Grand Garden Arenain Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2, 2014. Mayweather faces WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana of Argentina in a WBC/WBA unification fight at the arena on May 3.
According to witnesses, Floyd was eating inside the restaurant when the “Whatever You Like” artist walked up and confronted the pugilist. He then swung at Floyd, prompting their bodyguards to get involved.
An employee of the restaurant was “slashed” during the fight, but he refused medical treatment and did not want to cooperate with the police, according to TMZ.
The brawl was captured multiple videos by bystanders, which are obtained by TMZ.
The Las Vegas police arrived in the scene, but T.I. had already gone.
It is unclear was set off the fight, but according to the gossip site, it appears that it was a case of jealousy.
Hours before the incident, Tameka “Tiny” Cottle, the rapper’s wife, posted a picture of her and Floyd’s daughter on Instagram, in which she called the girl her “new boo.”
T.I. reportedly wasn’t thrilled with his wife hanging out with Floyd, feeling it was disrespectful to him. He confronted Floyd in person, only intending to talk to him, but he lost it when Floyd told him to “control your b****.”
Floyd denied any romantic involvement with Tiny, though. He apologised for calling Tiny a “b****.”
“I been knowing Tiny before T.I. I’ve never slept with her, I never kissed her, never touched her in no inappropriate way,” Floyd told NecoleBitchie.com.
“I throw my daughter [Iyanna] a big [14th] birthday bash today. I’m eating at Fatburger and next thing you know, he walk in talking about we need to talk again,” Floyd continued, referring to a past incident when T.I. confronted him about his relationship with Tiny.
“And then I told him, ‘You need to get the f*** outta my face. That’s what you better do.’ And then he said, ‘I ain’t talking to all these people so you ain’t gotta talk loud.’ I said, ‘Liten, don’t come to my face with no disrespectful s***. Like I told you before, you must’ve forgot what I did for a living.’ He said, ‘You do in the ring, I do it in the streets.’ I said, ‘My man, I do it everywhere. You can find out if you want to.’ Just like that.
“Then a couple of words exchange and people got to pushing and a riot kinda broke out. And then a bunch of chaos and that was basically it. Because, like I said before, he probably does some foolish things, but he ain’t no damn fool to swing on me.”
Floyd continued, “Only person I wanna apologise towards is Tiny. I said something like ‘control your b****’ and I don’t want to sayt hat about Tiny. So I do apologise to Tiny because she cool people, man. She cool. She never been disrespectful to me.”
Read Floyd’s full explanation here.
This isn’t the first time T.I. has had a run-in with the police.
Just in April, the 33-year-old hip-hop artist, who has served prison sentence in the past, and fellow rapper The Game were involved in a fight after some of their friends were denied entrance at a club in Los Angeles. A violent fight ensued between their friends and the club’s security. The police arrived, which led the rappers, who stormed out of the club at that time, to believe that the cops were the ones who beat their friends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’