All You Need to Know About Surface Pro 3 as Compared to iPad Air
By Naveena Joy | May 26, 2014 8:17 AM EST
Microsoft has announced its new tablet Surface Pro 3 which promises to feature high end specs as a possible subsitute for laptops. It is considered to be lighter, faster and stronger. It follows a design framework that combines the features of a laptop and a tablet.
Another product that compares itself to a laptop replacement is Apple's iPad Air. Though it is yet to get launched, there are certain speculations by which both iPad Air and Surface Pro 3 can be compared.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 has a 12.1 inch screen and is bigger as compared to that of iPad Air's 9.7 inch display. It has a resolution of 2160 x 1440, while the iPad Air has a resolution of 2048 x 1536. The iPad Air comes with 264ppi pixel density as compared to 216ppi of Surface 3 but the advantage here is to work with a larger surface.
The Surface Pro 3 has clean and clear internals without jamming it up to overflow with unwanted kits. There is a choice between models that come with Intel Core i3, Core i5 or Core i7 processors and if we compare with iPad Air, the Apple built A7 processor is standard in all models.
The iPad Air has 1GB of RAM while Microsoft Surface Pro 3 has two options of 4GB or 8GB RAM, designed for powerful tasks. It has also four different capacities like the iPad Air, but the Surface 3 starts at 64GB and an option to go up to 512GB and iPad Air starts at 16GB.
Panay, the voice of Microsoft Surface Pro 3, describes the new tablet as "the thinnest Intel Core product ever made". The iPad Air is lighter than the Surface Pro 3 weighing 469g and 800g for the Surface Pro 3. The Surface 3 claims 9.1mm thickness and iPad is 7.5mm thick.
Apple's iPad Air runs on iOS 7, while Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 runs Windows 8.1, which provides access to more powerful applications like the touch optimised version of Photoshop CC, Adobe products and Microsoft's Office applications. These applications are also available in iPad Air but unfortunately, they are not designed as the apps designed for laptops and desktops which the Surface is capable of running.
A kickstand is able to stop and support the Surface Pro 3 firmly throughout its range of motion, making it easy to use in a way like laptop or tablet. Also, it comes with a different stylus which looks like a natural pen and is able to produce some of the best on screen writing. While the iPad Air is only a tablet.
The 64GB Surface Pro 3 is priced at $799 and the 64GB iPad Air costs $699 (WiFi Only). 128GB WiFi is provided with $799 iPad Air and a 128GB Surface Pro 3 for $999.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected