NBA Betting Odds and Trends–West Finals Prediction: OKC Fights Back, to Take Game 3 Easily
By James Patrick Quizon | May 26, 2014 12:02 AM EST
The San Antonio Spurs have completely dismantled the Oklahoma City Thunder in the first two games of the Western Conference Finals averaging a margin of victory of 26.0 points. So why are the Thunder the slight favourites in Game 3 pegged chalked at 2.5 points?
May 21, 2014; San Antonio, TX, USA; Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant (35) and San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard (2) chase down a loose ball in game two of the Western Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at AT&T Center.
Could it be because of the reports that Serge Ibaka, who suffered a calf injury in Game 6 of their previous series versus the Los Angeles Clippers, will be returning in Game 3?
Ibaka himself admitted that even with him the Thunder could have been outplayed by the Spurs in San Antonio.
"I've been hearing a lot of people saying my team lost two games because I was out," Ibaka said in an NBA.com article. "That's not true. I believe in my guys. I believe in my teammates. They can be better with me or without me. It's no excuse because Serge Ibaka was not there. Just San Antonio, the first two games, they played better basketball."
Ibaka’s status is still up on the air pending the team doctors’ decision.
For OKC to beat the Texas team featuring veterans Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili plus young gun Kawhi Leonard, they should play better defensively than what they showed in the first two games where the Spurs dropped 108.5 points per game.
Betting Lines: San Antonio Spurs (+2.5) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (Over/Under: 208.5)
Game time: 10:30 am AEDT (May 26, Monday)
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games
- The Spurs are 3-10-1 ATS in their last 14 games vs. the Thunder
- The Spurs are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games vs. the Thunder in Oklahoma City
- The Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in the West Finals
- The Spurs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after a win
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Thunder are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games after a loss
- The Thunder are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games vs. the Spurs in Oklahoma City
- The Thunder are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a 3-day rest
- The Thunder are 10-3-1 ATS in their last 14 games vs. the Spurs
Can Kevin Durant (6-of-16 FG for 15 points) and Russell Westbrook (7-of-24 FG for 15 points) score efficiently in Game 3? Can OKC find other contributors to negate San Antonio’s balanced scoring?
With or without Ibaka, can the Thunder slow down the Spurs which shot over 50 per cent from the field in the first two outings?
Prediction: Finally, an inspired and confident Thunder will play well for four quarters. After all, they have the MVP (not Durant’s mom) and an explosive scorer. Both should go off in Game 3 while the Spurs relaxes a bit and settles to just go for the win in the next game… Oklahoma City Thunder 104, San Antonio Spurs 81.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar