5 Popular Android Camera Apps
By Naveena Joy | May 25, 2014 12:51 PM EST
Several functional camera applications have been used by Google phones and tablets like Nexus and other Google play smartphones.
Recently, the Google employed a camera software available in other smartphones like Samsung, HTC and LG. One drawback with the application used was that it was only compatible with Android 4.4 devices. Fortunately, Google Camera is not the only high quality camera app available. There are other alternatives, especially for those phones which are not yet upgraded to Android 4.4.
1. Camera For Android
This app is easy to use giving you the Panaromic effect available in high quality camera apps. But the drawback is in the final image when it gets cropped while it is being framed as it doesn't have the preview of every shot that you were shooting. It also does not have the HDR effect and the Photo sphere features.
2. Snap Camera HDR
The Snap Camera HDR comes with the package of the same features of other popular Android cameras: Panaroma, Burst mode, a timer, and HDR. It is the most elegant and neat camera app available in the Play Store. The controls of the app are blue camera button, red camcorder and hollow settings button.
3. Camera 360 Ultimate
This camera app is not simple and not complicated. It has great number of features and all available for free. It filters to your subjects while framing and you can shoot on easy mode which will hide most of the extras.
4. Camera Awesome
This app is popular for its after effects offered: face detection, selection of composition frames, level, and permanent flash function and all the different camera modes and settings are easily available. It is slick and designed wonderfully with some exclusive features and probably that is why it costs $3.
5. Best HDR Camera
This simple to use and free app offers you a true 4:3 preview so that when you go to view your final full-resolution shot, it comes out to be the best one. It also helps to widen lens to take 19:6 shots at a lower pixel density with HDR camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Windows 9 Release: Reasons of Free Download for Windows 8 and Windows 7 Customers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date and Specs Speculations: Smartphone May Be Released in October or November 2014! – Report
- Windows Phone 8.1: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, U.S. and UK Status; How to Download and Install
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports