Scandal Rocks Small French Village as Jealous Man Castrates Mayor Then Kills Self
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 24, 2014 11:54 PM EST
The relatively unknown French Normandy village of Bretteville-le-Rabel created headlines on Friday when its 55-year-old mayor, Dominque Leboucher when he was castrated by the jealous boyfriend of a woman the town official was allegedly having an affair with.
The village is a commune in the Calvados department, 10 miles away from the the city of Caen and with only 250 residents.
Authorities found the mangled body of the mayor in a pool of blood at his residence where he has been living since he was elected mayor in March 2014. Police estimated the crime must have happened between late Thursday evening and early Friday morning.
The jealous boyfriend, after attacking the mayor with a knife and severing his penis, fled to a nearby field and killed himself, reports Daily Mail.
The woman involved is a local councillor who has two young daughters by her boyfriend, identified as Albert Gibot who suspect the extramarital affair because of his girlfriends frequently leaving home at night allegedly to attend meetings of the local council.
Residents described the mayor, who was elected councillor in 2001 and deputy mayor in 2008, as a friendly man who was popular with everyone, except jealous boyfriends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced