Apple Release Roundup: Split-screen iPad, iOS 8, Compact iPod and iPhone 6
By Precious Silva | May 24, 2014 5:27 PM EST
Apple has been preparing for several major releases including the iOS 8, split-screen iPad, iPhone 6 and a potential compact iPod. It appears the tech giant has been gearing up to boost the iPad productivity with a new split screen support. Likewise, Apple has secured a new patent describing a compact iPod. With the release of the iOS 8, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 coming, a roundup of features of upcoming iOS devices should give people a good idea if the next wave of Apple products offers great potential.
Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook speaks about the new iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retnia display during an Apple event in San Francisco, California October 22, 2013.
iOS 8 and iPad Split-Screen
According to a report by 9to5Mac, Apple has been working on boosting the productivity of its iPad series through the upcoming iOS 8. The next Apple operating system will reportedly feature a split-screen support allowing users to open more than one application on the iPad screen simultaneously. Users can work with two applications side by side unlike the previous "unitask" orientation of the tablet.
The new iOS 8 feature will also allow other apps to interact more conveniently with each other. This will let people drag videos, images and text from one application to another. Apple has also been reportedly been developing the iOS to support developers and allow them to develop apps that can interact more together. This means Apple can offer "XPC" support soon in its iOS.
Patently Apple reported about a patent grated to Apple related to a compact iPod or media player. While the design never made it to the market, the report noted that there are some parts of the patent that can still find their way to future models of the iPod. The compact iPod described features a 3-button design.
Whereas many analysts predicted the release of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, there have not been as many leads supporting the prediction until recently. According to a report by Business Insider, a post at Chinse website Weibo proves that Apple will be releasing a 4.7-inch phone. The images posted show the backlighting components of the handset strengthening claims for the 4.7-inch version of the iPhone 6. Apple has not made any official announcements about the handset yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James