Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Nokia Lumia 620 – Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 24, 2014 12:23 PM EST
The budget phone Nokia Lumia 630 was released recently to positive reviews from users and critics alike. The handset packs great features, solid performances and an impressive price tag. On the other hand, the Nokia Lumia 620 was released in January 2013. This phone comes with an attractive price tag, and can still be purchased.
Readers who are interested in purchasing one of the aforementioned devices, here is a specification and price comparison pertaining to Australia.
The Nokia 620 has a 3.8 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, with a display resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. The Nokia 630, on the other hand, comes with a bigger 4.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 854 pixels display resolution.
The thickness and the weight of Lumia 620 are 0.43 inches and 127 g respectively, whereas the Lumia 630 is 0.36 inches thick and weighs 134 g.
Hardware and Software
The Lumia 620 is powered by a dual-core, Krait processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8227 chip), clocked at 1 GHz. Whereas the latest Lumia 630 is powered by a superior quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chip), clocked at 1.2 GHz. However, both the phones house only a 512 MB of RAM.
The Nokia Lumia 620 runs on Windows Phone 8 OS, while the Nokia Lumia 630 runs on the latest Windows Phone 8.1 OS.
Both the devices sport 5 MP rear-facing camera units. While the main camera of Lumia 620 provides LED flash support, the latest Lumia 630 doesn't. In addition, the Lumia 620 comes with a 0.3 MP front-facing camera, while the latest Lumia 630 does not feature a front-facing snapper at all. Hence Nokia Lumia 620 wins hands down in this category.
The Lumia 620 comes with 8 GB of internal storage with microSD slot support for expansion up to 64 GB. Whereas the latest Lumia 630 offers the same 8 GB of internal storage capacity but the microSD slot supports expansion up to 128 GB.
The Lumia 620 houses a Li-Ion 1300 mAh user-replaceable battery unit, while the Lumia 630 houses a relatively better 1830 mAh user-replaceable battery unit.
It is worth noting that, the latest Lumia 630 comes in 2 variants i.e. dual-sim and single-sim. But the Lumia 620 model from 2013 provides only a single-sim support. In addition, both the phones support micro-sim type.
The Lumia 620 comes with six color options that include black, pink, orange, green, blue, and white. Whereas the Lumia 630 comes in 4 shades namely black, white, yellow and orange. The Nokia Lumia 630 in green color is being offered in some regions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists