UFC’s Dana White Says Floyd Mayweather Would Lose in a Match vs MMA Fighter Ronda Roussey
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 23, 2014 11:06 PM EST
Because Floyd Mayweather Jr has not categorically stated who he will fight on Sept 13, the speculations continue who will be his next ring opponent.
But a different kind of match is being talked about in different fight circles and what's puzzling about this buzz is that Money May's next fight might not be in MGM Grand but in an octagon stage against a female opponent.
His rumoured opponent is MMA fighter Ronda Rousey. UFC President Dana White, who doused the speculation, denied he was the source of the rumoured Mayweather-Rousey bout. But being a hypothetical match, White decided to join the fun and shared his opinion of such a fight.
He believes the female fighter would likely win over the male boxer despite his undefeated record of 46-0, of which 26 are knockouts. White explained, "You take a street fight, Ronda wins that fight and hurts him badly ... You do an MMA fight, same result. Boxing match, Floyd Mayweather chews her up."
White pointed out that Rousey has more all-around fighting skills compared to Money May, but stressed that Rhonda would only hurt him badly, not beat him.
"Do you think Floyd Mayweather has ever had his feet kicked out from under him ... all her (Rousey) weight coming down on top of him?" the UFC president asked.
He said that 27-year-old Ronda, a bantamweight fighter, is not an average woman, but a mean person and is also undefeated in nine MMA fights, including one knockout.
From the UFC, Rousey has forayed into the movies via The Expendables 3, her film debut where she stars with Mel Gibson, Sylvester Stallone, Harrison Ford and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
After attending the film's premier in the Cannes Film Festival in France, Rousey would return to UFC with a match against Alexis Davis on July 5, although the talk about the Mayweather-Rousey bout refuses to die.
White, however, belied the common belief that a male will easily win over a woman all the time in combat sports, especially if the woman has real MMA training. Since Mayweather has only boxing as his training, his arm would likely be ripped if every the speculated fight happens, he said.
Proof is that Mayweather's last fight, Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana, is described by Money May's father as a dirty fighter who fights like he is in an MMA bout, and Maidana had inflicted the boxer, viewed by many boxing fans as almost invincible, a cut on the eye.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide