Liverpool FC Transfer News: Southampton's £25million Demand for Skipper may Force Reds to Look Elsewhere
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 23, 2014 9:42 PM EST
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers might have to look elsewhere to bolster his squad as Southampton demand £25million for prized skipper Adam Lallana.
Southampton are reportedly demanding £25million for skipper Adam Lallana from suitors Liverpool
The Daily Mirror suggests that the Merseyside outfit have placed a £20million bid in an attempt to lure the Saints hierarchy to part ways with their homegrown player, but such is apparently not the case as they look to maximise on possible profits.
The 26-year-old midfield sensation was a key fixture in Southampton's 2013/14 season, starting 37 of their 38 Premier League games, while producing 9 goals and 8 assists.
His prime form left Roy Hodgson without a choice but to include him in England's final roster that will compete in the World Cup finals in June.
Should negotiations fall through, the Reds are expected to go for out-of-favour Bayern Munich attacker Xherdan Shaqiri.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase