Liverpool FC Transfer News: Southampton's £25million Demand for Skipper may Force Reds to Look Elsewhere
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 23, 2014 9:42 PM EST
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers might have to look elsewhere to bolster his squad as Southampton demand £25million for prized skipper Adam Lallana.
Southampton are reportedly demanding £25million for skipper Adam Lallana from suitors Liverpool
The Daily Mirror suggests that the Merseyside outfit have placed a £20million bid in an attempt to lure the Saints hierarchy to part ways with their homegrown player, but such is apparently not the case as they look to maximise on possible profits.
The 26-year-old midfield sensation was a key fixture in Southampton's 2013/14 season, starting 37 of their 38 Premier League games, while producing 9 goals and 8 assists.
His prime form left Roy Hodgson without a choice but to include him in England's final roster that will compete in the World Cup finals in June.
Should negotiations fall through, the Reds are expected to go for out-of-favour Bayern Munich attacker Xherdan Shaqiri.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June