Liverpool FC Transfer News: Southampton's £25million Demand for Skipper may Force Reds to Look Elsewhere
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 23, 2014 9:42 PM EST
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers might have to look elsewhere to bolster his squad as Southampton demand £25million for prized skipper Adam Lallana.
Southampton are reportedly demanding £25million for skipper Adam Lallana from suitors Liverpool
The Daily Mirror suggests that the Merseyside outfit have placed a £20million bid in an attempt to lure the Saints hierarchy to part ways with their homegrown player, but such is apparently not the case as they look to maximise on possible profits.
The 26-year-old midfield sensation was a key fixture in Southampton's 2013/14 season, starting 37 of their 38 Premier League games, while producing 9 goals and 8 assists.
His prime form left Roy Hodgson without a choice but to include him in England's final roster that will compete in the World Cup finals in June.
Should negotiations fall through, the Reds are expected to go for out-of-favour Bayern Munich attacker Xherdan Shaqiri.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation