Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Buy Back Former Skipper
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 23, 2014 9:06 PM EST
Arsenal are reported to be planning on buying back former skipper Cesc Fabregas from FC Barcelona.
The Spanish international spent eight years with the Gunners before moving back to his boyhood club in 2011, but Arsene Wenger wants his leader wearing the red uniform again as he aims to bring, at least, one major trophy to the Emirates next season.
Arsenal are planning on buying back former Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona
He was an integral part of Tata Martino's quest to bring back glory to the Nou Camp in the recently concluded term, but a change in managerial reign means that he might have to prove himself anew.
The 27-year-old tallied 22 assists and 13 goals while quarterbacking for the Blaugrana, showing that he can further strengthen the north Londoners' already strong midfield cast.
Fabregas is tied with Barca until 2016, but his contract is suggested to have a "buy-back" and a "right of first refusal" clause that Arsenal may utilise in their favour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How