Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Buy Back Former Skipper
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 23, 2014 9:06 PM EST
Arsenal are reported to be planning on buying back former skipper Cesc Fabregas from FC Barcelona.
The Spanish international spent eight years with the Gunners before moving back to his boyhood club in 2011, but Arsene Wenger wants his leader wearing the red uniform again as he aims to bring, at least, one major trophy to the Emirates next season.
Arsenal are planning on buying back former Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona
He was an integral part of Tata Martino's quest to bring back glory to the Nou Camp in the recently concluded term, but a change in managerial reign means that he might have to prove himself anew.
The 27-year-old tallied 22 assists and 13 goals while quarterbacking for the Blaugrana, showing that he can further strengthen the north Londoners' already strong midfield cast.
Fabregas is tied with Barca until 2016, but his contract is suggested to have a "buy-back" and a "right of first refusal" clause that Arsenal may utilise in their favour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899