Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Buy Back Former Skipper
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 23, 2014 9:06 PM EST
Arsenal are reported to be planning on buying back former skipper Cesc Fabregas from FC Barcelona.
The Spanish international spent eight years with the Gunners before moving back to his boyhood club in 2011, but Arsene Wenger wants his leader wearing the red uniform again as he aims to bring, at least, one major trophy to the Emirates next season.
Arsenal are planning on buying back former Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona
He was an integral part of Tata Martino's quest to bring back glory to the Nou Camp in the recently concluded term, but a change in managerial reign means that he might have to prove himself anew.
The 27-year-old tallied 22 assists and 13 goals while quarterbacking for the Blaugrana, showing that he can further strengthen the north Londoners' already strong midfield cast.
Fabregas is tied with Barca until 2016, but his contract is suggested to have a "buy-back" and a "right of first refusal" clause that Arsenal may utilise in their favour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More