Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Buy Back Former Skipper
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 23, 2014 9:06 PM EST
Arsenal are reported to be planning on buying back former skipper Cesc Fabregas from FC Barcelona.
The Spanish international spent eight years with the Gunners before moving back to his boyhood club in 2011, but Arsene Wenger wants his leader wearing the red uniform again as he aims to bring, at least, one major trophy to the Emirates next season.
Arsenal are planning on buying back former Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona
He was an integral part of Tata Martino's quest to bring back glory to the Nou Camp in the recently concluded term, but a change in managerial reign means that he might have to prove himself anew.
The 27-year-old tallied 22 assists and 13 goals while quarterbacking for the Blaugrana, showing that he can further strengthen the north Londoners' already strong midfield cast.
Fabregas is tied with Barca until 2016, but his contract is suggested to have a "buy-back" and a "right of first refusal" clause that Arsenal may utilise in their favour.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements