Tennis Star Ana Ivanovic on Maxim’s Hot 100; Serbian Athlete ‘Happy’ With Her Current Tennis Season
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 23, 2014 6:56 PM EST
Amongst the many beautiful and sexy female athletes in the sporting world of tennis, 26-year-old Ana Ivanovic of Serbia is the only one who made the cut in 2014 Maxim's Hot 100.
Ana Ivanovic of Serbia looks on before the start of her women's singles match against Maria Sharapova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament May 15, 2014. REUTERS/Max Rossi
Ivanovic, who currently ranks 12th in the world, is at the 79th spot. Ivanovic beat the likes of Gal Gadot, Ireland Baldwin, and Iggy Azalea, who were positioned in the 84th, 90th, and 96th places, respectively.
Ivanovic has won two out of all 11 tournaments that she had participated up-to-date. She began her 2014 season by playing in the World Tennis Association's (WTA) ASB Classic in Auckland, New Zealand where she beat Venus Williams in the finals. She then competed in the 2014 Australian Open where she reached the quarterfinals but lost to Canada's Eugenie Bouchard. She won her second title of her 2014 season by beating fellow Serbian Jovana Jaksic in two straight sets, 6-2, 6-1 in the finals of the Monterrey Open. Ivanovic's last tournament was the Italian Open where she faced Serena Williams in the semifinals.
According to her official Web site, Ivanovic will take part in the Roland Garros (French Open) tournament. She is looking forward to snagging her first title in 2014 and the second French Open title which she first won in 2008, the same year that she topped the WTA world rankings.
In a news article published by ESPN.go.com, Ivanovic said that she is "happy" with her current season. "It's a lot of matches for me and a lot of wins (30-8 going into the French), which has given me a lot of confidence," Ivanovic said. "Also, to have two titles is a great way to help me reach my goal this year, which is to get to the top eight."
Ivanovic said that she has never felt confident in herself before as much as she does now. "Probably since 2008, this is the most confidence I've felt."
"Also, I've improved my volleys and overall game a lot, which is exciting."
"I know I can improve more and I still have to work hard and be more consistent, but these are definitely huge steps."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch