Tennis Star Ana Ivanovic on Maxim’s Hot 100; Serbian Athlete ‘Happy’ With Her Current Tennis Season
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 23, 2014 6:56 PM EST
Amongst the many beautiful and sexy female athletes in the sporting world of tennis, 26-year-old Ana Ivanovic of Serbia is the only one who made the cut in 2014 Maxim's Hot 100.
Ana Ivanovic of Serbia looks on before the start of her women's singles match against Maria Sharapova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament May 15, 2014. REUTERS/Max Rossi
Ivanovic, who currently ranks 12th in the world, is at the 79th spot. Ivanovic beat the likes of Gal Gadot, Ireland Baldwin, and Iggy Azalea, who were positioned in the 84th, 90th, and 96th places, respectively.
Ivanovic has won two out of all 11 tournaments that she had participated up-to-date. She began her 2014 season by playing in the World Tennis Association's (WTA) ASB Classic in Auckland, New Zealand where she beat Venus Williams in the finals. She then competed in the 2014 Australian Open where she reached the quarterfinals but lost to Canada's Eugenie Bouchard. She won her second title of her 2014 season by beating fellow Serbian Jovana Jaksic in two straight sets, 6-2, 6-1 in the finals of the Monterrey Open. Ivanovic's last tournament was the Italian Open where she faced Serena Williams in the semifinals.
According to her official Web site, Ivanovic will take part in the Roland Garros (French Open) tournament. She is looking forward to snagging her first title in 2014 and the second French Open title which she first won in 2008, the same year that she topped the WTA world rankings.
In a news article published by ESPN.go.com, Ivanovic said that she is "happy" with her current season. "It's a lot of matches for me and a lot of wins (30-8 going into the French), which has given me a lot of confidence," Ivanovic said. "Also, to have two titles is a great way to help me reach my goal this year, which is to get to the top eight."
Ivanovic said that she has never felt confident in herself before as much as she does now. "Probably since 2008, this is the most confidence I've felt."
"Also, I've improved my volleys and overall game a lot, which is exciting."
"I know I can improve more and I still have to work hard and be more consistent, but these are definitely huge steps."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans