Tennis Star Ana Ivanovic on Maxim’s Hot 100; Serbian Athlete ‘Happy’ With Her Current Tennis Season
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 23, 2014 6:56 PM EST
Amongst the many beautiful and sexy female athletes in the sporting world of tennis, 26-year-old Ana Ivanovic of Serbia is the only one who made the cut in 2014 Maxim's Hot 100.
Ana Ivanovic of Serbia looks on before the start of her women's singles match against Maria Sharapova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament May 15, 2014. REUTERS/Max Rossi
Ivanovic, who currently ranks 12th in the world, is at the 79th spot. Ivanovic beat the likes of Gal Gadot, Ireland Baldwin, and Iggy Azalea, who were positioned in the 84th, 90th, and 96th places, respectively.
Ivanovic has won two out of all 11 tournaments that she had participated up-to-date. She began her 2014 season by playing in the World Tennis Association's (WTA) ASB Classic in Auckland, New Zealand where she beat Venus Williams in the finals. She then competed in the 2014 Australian Open where she reached the quarterfinals but lost to Canada's Eugenie Bouchard. She won her second title of her 2014 season by beating fellow Serbian Jovana Jaksic in two straight sets, 6-2, 6-1 in the finals of the Monterrey Open. Ivanovic's last tournament was the Italian Open where she faced Serena Williams in the semifinals.
According to her official Web site, Ivanovic will take part in the Roland Garros (French Open) tournament. She is looking forward to snagging her first title in 2014 and the second French Open title which she first won in 2008, the same year that she topped the WTA world rankings.
In a news article published by ESPN.go.com, Ivanovic said that she is "happy" with her current season. "It's a lot of matches for me and a lot of wins (30-8 going into the French), which has given me a lot of confidence," Ivanovic said. "Also, to have two titles is a great way to help me reach my goal this year, which is to get to the top eight."
Ivanovic said that she has never felt confident in herself before as much as she does now. "Probably since 2008, this is the most confidence I've felt."
"Also, I've improved my volleys and overall game a lot, which is exciting."
"I know I can improve more and I still have to work hard and be more consistent, but these are definitely huge steps."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers