Tennis Star Ana Ivanovic on Maxim’s Hot 100; Serbian Athlete ‘Happy’ With Her Current Tennis Season
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 23, 2014 6:56 PM EST
Amongst the many beautiful and sexy female athletes in the sporting world of tennis, 26-year-old Ana Ivanovic of Serbia is the only one who made the cut in 2014 Maxim's Hot 100.
Ana Ivanovic of Serbia looks on before the start of her women's singles match against Maria Sharapova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament May 15, 2014. REUTERS/Max Rossi
Ivanovic, who currently ranks 12th in the world, is at the 79th spot. Ivanovic beat the likes of Gal Gadot, Ireland Baldwin, and Iggy Azalea, who were positioned in the 84th, 90th, and 96th places, respectively.
Ivanovic has won two out of all 11 tournaments that she had participated up-to-date. She began her 2014 season by playing in the World Tennis Association's (WTA) ASB Classic in Auckland, New Zealand where she beat Venus Williams in the finals. She then competed in the 2014 Australian Open where she reached the quarterfinals but lost to Canada's Eugenie Bouchard. She won her second title of her 2014 season by beating fellow Serbian Jovana Jaksic in two straight sets, 6-2, 6-1 in the finals of the Monterrey Open. Ivanovic's last tournament was the Italian Open where she faced Serena Williams in the semifinals.
According to her official Web site, Ivanovic will take part in the Roland Garros (French Open) tournament. She is looking forward to snagging her first title in 2014 and the second French Open title which she first won in 2008, the same year that she topped the WTA world rankings.
In a news article published by ESPN.go.com, Ivanovic said that she is "happy" with her current season. "It's a lot of matches for me and a lot of wins (30-8 going into the French), which has given me a lot of confidence," Ivanovic said. "Also, to have two titles is a great way to help me reach my goal this year, which is to get to the top eight."
Ivanovic said that she has never felt confident in herself before as much as she does now. "Probably since 2008, this is the most confidence I've felt."
"Also, I've improved my volleys and overall game a lot, which is exciting."
"I know I can improve more and I still have to work hard and be more consistent, but these are definitely huge steps."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate