Pearl Jam Tours Once Again - Band Announces U.S. Tour Locations For 2014
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 23, 2014 6:44 PM EST
Pearl Jam will go on tour again after announcing on May 21 to hit the U.S. roads by Oct. 1. The band will start in Cincinnati, Ohio, then continue in the cities of Memphis, Detroit. They will perform last at the Pepsi Arena, Denver, Colorado.
Pearl Jam's newly announced U.S. Fall Tour included previous shows that co-headlined two weekends for the Ausitn City Music Festival (Oct. 3-5 and Oct. 10-12).
"The exact date Pearl Jam will perform during each Austin City Limits Music Festival Weekend has not yet been announced," Billboard reported.
Even with a busy tour schedule, Pearl Jam was able to release their 10th album titled, "Lightning Bolt," which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 200 in 2013.
Pearl Jam's frontman Eddie Vedder shared his thoughts about the Lightning Bolt album saying, "I say this in the least-competitive way possible, but we're trying to make not just the best Pearl Jam record, but just the best record," the singer said.
"It's about getting to the next level of communication, or just trying to crack a code into some higher plane of playing music," Rolling Stone report.
One of the anticipated venues for Pearl Jam's tour will be in the city of Detroit. The last concert they did in Detroit was in 1994 at the Masonic Temple. Fans had been very excited for the live performance at Joe Louis Arena, where the band hasn't ever played at.
Pre-sale tickets were already made available to members of the group's fan club at PearlJam.com. General tickets will be available for the public come May 30. More ticket and tour information can be checked on the band's official Web site.
Listed below is Pearl Jam's U.S. Fall 2014 dates and venues:
10/1 Cincinnati, OH - U.S. Bank Arena
10/3 St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
10/4 - 10/5 Austin, TX - Austin City Limits
10/8 Tulsa, OK - BOK Center
10/9 Lincoln, NE - Pinnacle Bank Arena
10/10 - 10/12 Austin, TX - Austin City Limits
10/14 Memphis, TN - FedEx Forum
10/16 Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
10/17 Moline, IL - iWireless Center
10/19 St. Paul, NM - Xcel Energy Center
10/20 Milwaukee, WI - BMO Harris Bradley Center
10/22 Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
BAM! Pearl Jam Fall 2014 US Tour http://t.co/ZuXaW3a41X #PJUSA2014 #PearlJam pic.twitter.com/5dhhnnPdCS — PearlJamOnLine.it ⚡️ (@PearlJamOnLine) May 21, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)