Pearl Jam Tours Once Again - Band Announces U.S. Tour Locations For 2014
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 23, 2014 6:44 PM EST
Pearl Jam will go on tour again after announcing on May 21 to hit the U.S. roads by Oct. 1. The band will start in Cincinnati, Ohio, then continue in the cities of Memphis, Detroit. They will perform last at the Pepsi Arena, Denver, Colorado.
Pearl Jam's newly announced U.S. Fall Tour included previous shows that co-headlined two weekends for the Ausitn City Music Festival (Oct. 3-5 and Oct. 10-12).
"The exact date Pearl Jam will perform during each Austin City Limits Music Festival Weekend has not yet been announced," Billboard reported.
Even with a busy tour schedule, Pearl Jam was able to release their 10th album titled, "Lightning Bolt," which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 200 in 2013.
Pearl Jam's frontman Eddie Vedder shared his thoughts about the Lightning Bolt album saying, "I say this in the least-competitive way possible, but we're trying to make not just the best Pearl Jam record, but just the best record," the singer said.
"It's about getting to the next level of communication, or just trying to crack a code into some higher plane of playing music," Rolling Stone report.
One of the anticipated venues for Pearl Jam's tour will be in the city of Detroit. The last concert they did in Detroit was in 1994 at the Masonic Temple. Fans had been very excited for the live performance at Joe Louis Arena, where the band hasn't ever played at.
Pre-sale tickets were already made available to members of the group's fan club at PearlJam.com. General tickets will be available for the public come May 30. More ticket and tour information can be checked on the band's official Web site.
Listed below is Pearl Jam's U.S. Fall 2014 dates and venues:
10/1 Cincinnati, OH - U.S. Bank Arena
10/3 St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
10/4 - 10/5 Austin, TX - Austin City Limits
10/8 Tulsa, OK - BOK Center
10/9 Lincoln, NE - Pinnacle Bank Arena
10/10 - 10/12 Austin, TX - Austin City Limits
10/14 Memphis, TN - FedEx Forum
10/16 Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
10/17 Moline, IL - iWireless Center
10/19 St. Paul, NM - Xcel Energy Center
10/20 Milwaukee, WI - BMO Harris Bradley Center
10/22 Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
BAM! Pearl Jam Fall 2014 US Tour http://t.co/ZuXaW3a41X #PJUSA2014 #PearlJam pic.twitter.com/5dhhnnPdCS — PearlJamOnLine.it ⚡️ (@PearlJamOnLine) May 21, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date