iStick: USB Stick For iPhone Users
By Naveena Joy | May 23, 2014 6:40 PM EST
Apple accessories have interesting features based on compatibility and design. The recent introduction is the USB flash storage that has both a standard USB connector and an approved Apple lightning connector.
The iStick, developed by Sanho Corporation, allows the user to easily, quickly and safely move data among computers, iPhones, iPads and iPod touches without accessing the Internet, wireless networks or the Cloud where hackers and other server operators encroach upon.
The advantage of iStick over other USB drives is that it helps in free storage on iPhone giving fast access to files whenever and wherever required. One can transfer music from computer to an iPod touch by plugging the storage drive or playback directly from the iStick without any lengthy process of synchronization or pay for steaming services.
One can free up space on iPhone by storing all photos, videos and files to the high capacity iStick without any payment to the recurring online Cloud storage subscription.
The iStick also features a "hardware accelerated video decoder that supports a wide variety of non - iOS native video formats like MP4, M4V, MPV, MOV, MPG, MKV, AVI, WMV, RMVB, FLV, 3GP, GIF." This will help in getting quick access to movies on the phone without any Internet connectivity.
- Capacity: 8 GB/16 GB/32 GB/64 GB/128 GB
- Connectors: Standard USB 2.0 and Apple MFi-Certified Lightning Connector
- iStick-to-USB Speed:12 MB/s (Read), 7.5 MB/s (Write)
- iStick-to-iDevice Speed: 2.5 MB/s (Read), 1.9 MB/s (Write)
- Construction: ABS Plastic and/or Aluminum
- Dimensions: 51.6 mm x 28.6 mm x 9.1 mm
- Supported File Formats
- Video: .mp4, .m4v, .mpv, .mov, .mpg, .mkv, .wmv, .flv, .3gp, .gif
- Audio: .wav, .aac, .aif, .aiff, .caf, .m4a, .mp3
- Images: .jpg, .tiff, .gif
- Documents: .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel); .zip; .ics
The Sanho Corporation has launched a Kickstarter page, providing all the details of iStick. It has managed to raise close to $600,000 pledges more than what it had set out to raise.
The iStick is priced between $129 for an 8 GB stick to $400 for a 128 GB and making pledges on the page will get huge discounts on different kinds of iSticks depending on how much money has been put down.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar