'The Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder Return to Season 6 a Mystery, Actor Hints after Apologizing for Damon's Death
By Sonalee singh | May 23, 2014 6:31 PM EST
Ian Somerhalder 's character, Damon Salvatore who died in "The Vampire Dairies" was met by immense backlash. The actor even took to Twitter to apologize to the fans and acknowledge the fact that Damon has indeed died in Season 5 of "The Vampire Dairies."
However, now it seems that Ian may be returning to Season 6 of "Vampire Dairies."
"Their fate is a mystery. The best way to sum it up is that all of our characters have had to come to terms with the fact that they are gone and have taken steps to move forward in their lives, for better or for worse, in grief or denial, and the question of when we see them and where are they and what happened is a part of the mystery in Season 6," revealed Executive producer of the show, Julie Pelc, in an interview to TV Guide.
Meanwhile, Ian even hinted how Damon would be like in Season 6 of "The Vampire Dairies." He suggested that Damon needs to unwind and settle back for sometime. According to Ian, his character has seen a lot in the last five seasons of "The Vampire Dairies."
"[Damon] in the Bahamas, drinking rum--it's been a tough five years for him. Damon, Stefan, and Elena, they're all extraordinarily different people, but hopefully, what happens is that in some crazy, cohesive way, they all get to live their lives in a very harmonious way. The problem is, it's Mystic Falls, and harmony does not work within this spectrum, so it's probably going to be jagged and somewhat abrasive. There'll be bits and pieces layered in there that are going to be pretty and soft, but ultimately, if you're happy in Mystic Falls, there's no drama, and if there's no drama, there's no show, " Ian said during his interview with Entertainment Weekly.
"The Vampire Dairies" Season 6 is speculated to air in Oct. 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia