With Justin Bieber Gone, Selena Gomez Gets Back to Humanity: Visits Nepal as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
By nidhi tewari | May 23, 2014 6:11 PM EST
With Justin Bieber no longer in her life, Selena Gomez is taking control of it and is engaging herself in more meaningful activities. The 21-year-old is currently in Nepal as the UNICEF ambassador of goodwill. The "Come and Get It" singer was seen posing with the locals and according to the people, she was quite "humble" and down to earth.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
According to myrepublica.com, Selena is "very sweet and is very humble." The Web site is also showing pictures of Selena interacting with the locals in a very cool and composed manner. According to the Web site, Selena was present in the district of Dang, Nepal and the pictures can be viewed here.
The pictures show Selena in a local Nepalese shop where she is posing with people, who look like the owners. Oceanup.com is also posting several pictures of Gomez where she is seen participating in a local cultural event and is dressed up casually. Other pictures show a very happy Selena wearing a garland of roses and enjoying some performances by the locals. But Selena was not just the mute spectator. She is also seen dancing to some tune in one of the pictures, which can be seen here.
Selena is the youngest ambassador for UNICEF since 2009 and has been promoting good will and happiness with the organization by visiting various third world countries in the past. Check out her profile from the UNICEF's Web site here.
Ever since her break-up with "Baby" singer Justin Bieber, Selena is making every effort to take charge of her life and remain positive. She has removed everyone from her friend list in Instagram and is posting pictures of positivity and hope.
Her last picture on Instagram was that of a very relaxed and happy Selena in a bright yellow bikini. "Taking my power back.. can't wait to show you where I've been. I love y'all (sic)," the Texan beauty captioned her picture, which can be seen below.
Selena also posted an inspirational quote on Instagram which read, "You can't be who you are going to be and who you used to be at the same time." The famous words are from Bishop TD Jakes and echoes Selena's sentiments completely.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage