With Justin Bieber Gone, Selena Gomez Gets Back to Humanity: Visits Nepal as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
By nidhi tewari | May 23, 2014 6:11 PM EST
With Justin Bieber no longer in her life, Selena Gomez is taking control of it and is engaging herself in more meaningful activities. The 21-year-old is currently in Nepal as the UNICEF ambassador of goodwill. The "Come and Get It" singer was seen posing with the locals and according to the people, she was quite "humble" and down to earth.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
According to myrepublica.com, Selena is "very sweet and is very humble." The Web site is also showing pictures of Selena interacting with the locals in a very cool and composed manner. According to the Web site, Selena was present in the district of Dang, Nepal and the pictures can be viewed here.
The pictures show Selena in a local Nepalese shop where she is posing with people, who look like the owners. Oceanup.com is also posting several pictures of Gomez where she is seen participating in a local cultural event and is dressed up casually. Other pictures show a very happy Selena wearing a garland of roses and enjoying some performances by the locals. But Selena was not just the mute spectator. She is also seen dancing to some tune in one of the pictures, which can be seen here.
Selena is the youngest ambassador for UNICEF since 2009 and has been promoting good will and happiness with the organization by visiting various third world countries in the past. Check out her profile from the UNICEF's Web site here.
Ever since her break-up with "Baby" singer Justin Bieber, Selena is making every effort to take charge of her life and remain positive. She has removed everyone from her friend list in Instagram and is posting pictures of positivity and hope.
Her last picture on Instagram was that of a very relaxed and happy Selena in a bright yellow bikini. "Taking my power back.. can't wait to show you where I've been. I love y'all (sic)," the Texan beauty captioned her picture, which can be seen below.
Selena also posted an inspirational quote on Instagram which read, "You can't be who you are going to be and who you used to be at the same time." The famous words are from Bishop TD Jakes and echoes Selena's sentiments completely.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff