With Justin Bieber Gone, Selena Gomez Gets Back to Humanity: Visits Nepal as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
By nidhi tewari | May 23, 2014 6:11 PM EST
With Justin Bieber no longer in her life, Selena Gomez is taking control of it and is engaging herself in more meaningful activities. The 21-year-old is currently in Nepal as the UNICEF ambassador of goodwill. The "Come and Get It" singer was seen posing with the locals and according to the people, she was quite "humble" and down to earth.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
According to myrepublica.com, Selena is "very sweet and is very humble." The Web site is also showing pictures of Selena interacting with the locals in a very cool and composed manner. According to the Web site, Selena was present in the district of Dang, Nepal and the pictures can be viewed here.
The pictures show Selena in a local Nepalese shop where she is posing with people, who look like the owners. Oceanup.com is also posting several pictures of Gomez where she is seen participating in a local cultural event and is dressed up casually. Other pictures show a very happy Selena wearing a garland of roses and enjoying some performances by the locals. But Selena was not just the mute spectator. She is also seen dancing to some tune in one of the pictures, which can be seen here.
Selena is the youngest ambassador for UNICEF since 2009 and has been promoting good will and happiness with the organization by visiting various third world countries in the past. Check out her profile from the UNICEF's Web site here.
Ever since her break-up with "Baby" singer Justin Bieber, Selena is making every effort to take charge of her life and remain positive. She has removed everyone from her friend list in Instagram and is posting pictures of positivity and hope.
Her last picture on Instagram was that of a very relaxed and happy Selena in a bright yellow bikini. "Taking my power back.. can't wait to show you where I've been. I love y'all (sic)," the Texan beauty captioned her picture, which can be seen below.
Selena also posted an inspirational quote on Instagram which read, "You can't be who you are going to be and who you used to be at the same time." The famous words are from Bishop TD Jakes and echoes Selena's sentiments completely.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates