Zac Efron Wants to Be a Male Stripper on 'Magic Mike 2'
By Christine Jane Caparras | May 23, 2014 6:10 PM EST
Zac Efron has already proven that he can dance really well through his breakout role in "High School Musical." He has also shown off his hot, ripped body in many films since then and went almost completely naked in "That Awkward Moment." The Disney star has grown up right in front of moviegoers' eyes and it looks like he is ready to take it up another notch by wanting to take a role in the sequel to "Magic Mike."
Channing Tatum's hit movie is shooting a sequel that will come out in July 2015 and u have been coming out tha Zac Efron is being lined up for a part. The sequel will reportedly be entitled "Magic XXL." Efron also recently made headlines after his shirt was ripped off on stage at the MTV Movie Awards where he won the "Best Shirtless Performance" award.
In an interview with Magic FM 105.4 on Wednesday, the actor was asked if he was interested in being in the movie or if anyone had talked to him about it yet.
"We haven't really talked about...it's really funny," Efron said as he tried to find the right answer. "No, we haven't talked about it, but I mean, I love Channing, and I think Magic Mike was an awesome movie so I mean, who knows?"
In an interview with KIIS Fm, he stated his interest in the role once again:
"I loved the movie, I thought it was a really funny movie," Efron said. "It was really well done, it was cool, it was an interesting story. I honestly haven't talked to anybody about it yet, but I don't know, it's a great group of people. I would definitely be interested."
Meanwhile, in an interview with GQ, Tatum told the magazine that the plot for "Magic Mike 2" involves Mike and his fellow male stripper co-workers attending a massive stripper convention.
"We cut out so much stuff that was just really juicy fun things to happen in a movie that you haven't seen before," he says. One of the conventions he attended was in Raleigh, North Carolina. In the event, strippers danced for 3,000 women.
"The women would come from miles and miles around, Then you lock the doors and you say all bets are off. It gets zany and crazy, and it's a wild ride. It's an incubator for insanity. It doesn't matter almost what you do onstage. I don't want to put anything in black and white on a page, but if you've been to one, you know how crazy it gets, and now pour kerosene on that. You've seen Magic Mike-now multiply that. Mob mentality. It's just exponentially crazier. I thought it was absolutely insane."
Starring in the Magic Mike sequel could just be what Efron needs to save his career after recent issues with substance abuse has cast a shadow on his career.
Efron is no stranger to singing and dancing in his movies and has starred in many other box office hits like "Hairspray," "17 Again," "Charlie St. Cloud," and "The Lucky One." However, he has also had his fair share of flops in the form of "Liberal Arts," "The Paperboy," "At Any Price" and "Parkland," none of which managing to hit the $1 million mark at the box office.
His recent release, "Neighbors" gained box office success but while the momentum is up, it looks like Zac is looking to get himself included in the sequel to a very successful film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899