Redesigned Apple iPhone 6 Compared with the Samsung Galaxy S5, iPhone 5s in Interactive 3D Tool
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 23, 2014 1:54 PM EST
A woman tries the silver colored version of the new iPhone 5S after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California, September 10, 2013.
Thus far, there is no sure way to tell but an awesome 3D tool from the comparison engine Versus revealed how the iPhone 6 will fare against the current flagship smartphones of today.
The next generation iPhone could be one of the most pivotal devices in Apple's history and there's a lot of pressure heaped on the upcoming device as its predecessor only received simple updates and minor upgrades. Just recently, the iPhone 6's design is compared with the current flagships in the market using a 3D comparison platform.
Versus dubbed itself as a "sophisticated comparison platform presenting facts stripped of marketing influence." Now, the newest addition to its 3D comparison platform is the Apple iPhone 6.
According to the Versus team, it has "sucked in data from the web about the iPhone 6" as guideline to create an extremely detailed 3D model of the Apple iPhone 6.
Needless to say, there is no sure way to confirm the exact likeness of the iPhone 6 but the overall look and shape of the next-generation iPhone 6, at least according to Versus, is in line with the most leaks seen all over the Internet so far. Moreover, this tool provides an idea of how the iPhone 6 looks like compared to other smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and the iPhone 5s.
The Cupertino-based tech giant is expected to launch the iPhone in September sporting a larger 4.7 inches display, improved A8 processor and a slimmer design. According to the analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who has been accurate with previous tech predictions, the iPhone 6 will include NFC. Kuo also believes that the iPhone 6 will come in two sizes (4.7 inches and 5.5 inches) and both models will come with an A8 processor, 1GB of RAM, LTPS display panels, optical image stabilisation, and Touch ID feature.
Furthermore, Kuo suggests that only the 64GB 5.5 inches version of the iPhone 6 will use sapphire displays and Mass shipments of the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 are expected in September, with the 5.5 inches iPhone 6 shipping later.
Here is a link to the Versus comparison tool, which you can hold and drag to see the purported iPhone 6 from various angles at the same time compare the device with other smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5s.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists