Redesigned Apple iPhone 6 Compared with the Samsung Galaxy S5, iPhone 5s in Interactive 3D Tool
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 23, 2014 1:54 PM EST
A woman tries the silver colored version of the new iPhone 5S after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California, September 10, 2013.
Thus far, there is no sure way to tell but an awesome 3D tool from the comparison engine Versus revealed how the iPhone 6 will fare against the current flagship smartphones of today.
The next generation iPhone could be one of the most pivotal devices in Apple's history and there's a lot of pressure heaped on the upcoming device as its predecessor only received simple updates and minor upgrades. Just recently, the iPhone 6's design is compared with the current flagships in the market using a 3D comparison platform.
Versus dubbed itself as a "sophisticated comparison platform presenting facts stripped of marketing influence." Now, the newest addition to its 3D comparison platform is the Apple iPhone 6.
According to the Versus team, it has "sucked in data from the web about the iPhone 6" as guideline to create an extremely detailed 3D model of the Apple iPhone 6.
Needless to say, there is no sure way to confirm the exact likeness of the iPhone 6 but the overall look and shape of the next-generation iPhone 6, at least according to Versus, is in line with the most leaks seen all over the Internet so far. Moreover, this tool provides an idea of how the iPhone 6 looks like compared to other smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and the iPhone 5s.
The Cupertino-based tech giant is expected to launch the iPhone in September sporting a larger 4.7 inches display, improved A8 processor and a slimmer design. According to the analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who has been accurate with previous tech predictions, the iPhone 6 will include NFC. Kuo also believes that the iPhone 6 will come in two sizes (4.7 inches and 5.5 inches) and both models will come with an A8 processor, 1GB of RAM, LTPS display panels, optical image stabilisation, and Touch ID feature.
Furthermore, Kuo suggests that only the 64GB 5.5 inches version of the iPhone 6 will use sapphire displays and Mass shipments of the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 are expected in September, with the 5.5 inches iPhone 6 shipping later.
Here is a link to the Versus comparison tool, which you can hold and drag to see the purported iPhone 6 from various angles at the same time compare the device with other smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5s.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys