3 New Games on the PS4 and PlayStation Now’s Updated Games List
By Gel Galang | May 23, 2014 12:32 PM EST
An onslaught of games has been announced on the PS4. Gamers can use the weekend to digest each game while preparing for their imminent release dates.
'Metro Redux' on PS4: Whopping 1,080p Gameplay
Making great use of the PS4's power and performance, developer 4A Games has announced "Metro Redux" will be running at 1,080p and 60 FPS on the PS4 for both the "Metro 2033" and "Metro: Last Light." The former is getting its debut on the PlayStation platform, while the latter is a remastered version for the PS4.
According to a 4A Games spokesperson via the PlayStation Blog, both games will be available at $24.99 or the boxed double pack "Metro Redux" for $50.
Check out the trailer to get a glimpse of the game or hit the link for a couple of screenshots.
'SingStar' and a Free App
"SingStar," which has celebrated its decade-old mark, will now be landing on the PS4 to add to its 26 million copies in retail (and counting).
"We're also working hard to optimize the social experience of SingStar by making it even easier to share the best bits of your night on Twitter and Facebook straight from the game. With an improved scoring system you can also build up your XP and get rewarded for game activity, or challenge your friends online and entertain them with your renditions of your favorite songs," said "SingStar" game director Chris Bruce over at the PlayStation Blog.
An accessory app will also be coming for the PS4 and PS3 versions of the title to let users' smart device become their personal microphone and playlist maker.
There's no definite release date yet for both the game and the companion app, but the mention of later this year means fans can expect to be singing their hearts out for the holiday season.
'Jet Car Stunts' Details Announced for PlayStation Platforms
Aside from "Driveclub," there's another racing game that's coming to the PlayStation platforms courtesy of Grip Games.
CEO Jakub Mikyska has announced over the PlayStation Blog that "Jet Car Stunts" will be debuting on the PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.
More than just the race track, racing in "Jet Car Stunts" involves supersonic speeds and flying in the air—not exactly the average Joe in the racing game department. Interested gamers can see more in the trailer below.
Those interested in trying out this racer game may either get it on the PS3 and PS Vita first this July before upgrading to the PS4 in August. Note that cross-play is allowed and the leaderboards will reflect all three platforms.
The PS3 and PS Vita versions will allow for cross-buy once gamers buy the game at $7.99, but the PS4 version will require gamers to get an update (discounted for those who already have either the PS4 or PS Vita version). The next-gen version is worth getting, if only to play the game at a 1,080p and 60 FPS performance.
PlayStation Now Beta Gets an Update
Apart from the games, those who are not included in the PlayStation Now beta program will be happy to know an updated list of games are available on the Gaikai-powered service.
It's just in time for the newly opened PS4 Private Beta program, which moves the service to Sony's next-gen console. Gearnuke has obtained a list of games from an anonymous source, which adds 20 more titles to the master list.
This hits the list of games to almost 30, which is a good start, especially with Sony's plans of releasing the service this summer.
Some of the new titles include "All Zombies Must Die," "Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD," "Pacific Rim," "Poker Night 2" and "Legasista." They are not exactly AAA games, but since this is just the beta program, it's likely the list will still change. Hit the link above for the complete list.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu