Jimmy Kimmel Hosts 'The Amazing Jam Session Trio' [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 23, 2014 12:30 PM EST
Jimmy Kimmel featured the three random singers on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" last Wednesay, May 21, whose video went viral after performing an impromptu jam session outside of Kroger supermarket in Dallas, Texas. Kimmel decided to invite the three strangers to perform live, joined later by Trey Songz, Juicy J, and Aloe Blacc.
Jimmy Kimmel, late night television host, and Dick Clark, legendary host of American Bandstand, pose for photographers with Kimmel's birthday cake during rehearsals for the American Music Awards in Los Angeles, November 13, 2004. Clark presented the cake to Kimmel, who will be presenting during Sunday's awards ceremony, for his 37th birthday.
The wonderful and spontaneous performance all started when acoustic-songwriter Jesse Rya started playing his guitar and singing at the sidewalk outside the supermarket in Texas. Later, a tall guy who seemed fond of the song being played joined Jesse for a jam. In a few moments, another dude who makes his way to the supermarket found the duet and decided to stop by first and mix-in some rap to the whole track.
The video went viral, hitting seven million views on YouTube within three days after publishing, and now has more than 11 million views. Viewers who grew an immediate love for the trio clamoured that they should have a record together. So far, Jimmy Kimmel was able to invite them in to the show and it could be the first step for the random singers to make an official record (If they're even concerned about making one).
Kimmel dismissed rumours that he staged the original spontaneous jam session by saying, "I saw the video very early on because a lot of people were tweeting me asking if I'd orchestrated it, if it was a viral video hoax. And I would like to claim responsibility for it, but I had nothing to do with it," reported Mirror.
There are some social media users who were very quick to dispel the recent fame by blurting out controversies. Comments on the video say, "Obviously staged, still good, just don't lie about it." and "So staged, can clearly see they practiced all the lyrics to the song never missed a word," in a post from Yahoo News.
But Jesse quickly responded on Facebook to answer the rumours, saying "just for the record... It's not a Jimmy Kimmel setup and i do not know the other 2 gentlemen in the video."
Even with the negative and doubtful comments, more people loved the impromptu, and enjoyed the trio's music unexpectedly brought to everyone.
CREDIT:Jimmy Kimmel Live/YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June