Jimmy Kimmel Hosts 'The Amazing Jam Session Trio' [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 23, 2014 12:30 PM EST
Jimmy Kimmel featured the three random singers on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" last Wednesay, May 21, whose video went viral after performing an impromptu jam session outside of Kroger supermarket in Dallas, Texas. Kimmel decided to invite the three strangers to perform live, joined later by Trey Songz, Juicy J, and Aloe Blacc.
Jimmy Kimmel, late night television host, and Dick Clark, legendary host of American Bandstand, pose for photographers with Kimmel's birthday cake during rehearsals for the American Music Awards in Los Angeles, November 13, 2004. Clark presented the cake to Kimmel, who will be presenting during Sunday's awards ceremony, for his 37th birthday.
The wonderful and spontaneous performance all started when acoustic-songwriter Jesse Rya started playing his guitar and singing at the sidewalk outside the supermarket in Texas. Later, a tall guy who seemed fond of the song being played joined Jesse for a jam. In a few moments, another dude who makes his way to the supermarket found the duet and decided to stop by first and mix-in some rap to the whole track.
The video went viral, hitting seven million views on YouTube within three days after publishing, and now has more than 11 million views. Viewers who grew an immediate love for the trio clamoured that they should have a record together. So far, Jimmy Kimmel was able to invite them in to the show and it could be the first step for the random singers to make an official record (If they're even concerned about making one).
Kimmel dismissed rumours that he staged the original spontaneous jam session by saying, "I saw the video very early on because a lot of people were tweeting me asking if I'd orchestrated it, if it was a viral video hoax. And I would like to claim responsibility for it, but I had nothing to do with it," reported Mirror.
There are some social media users who were very quick to dispel the recent fame by blurting out controversies. Comments on the video say, "Obviously staged, still good, just don't lie about it." and "So staged, can clearly see they practiced all the lyrics to the song never missed a word," in a post from Yahoo News.
But Jesse quickly responded on Facebook to answer the rumours, saying "just for the record... It's not a Jimmy Kimmel setup and i do not know the other 2 gentlemen in the video."
Even with the negative and doubtful comments, more people loved the impromptu, and enjoyed the trio's music unexpectedly brought to everyone.
CREDIT:Jimmy Kimmel Live/YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza