'Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire' Speculations for Features and More Pre-orders Listed
By Gel Galang | May 23, 2014 12:26 PM EST
The promise of a Hoenn remake has got fans hyped up and excited for Nintendo's newest game, "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." And even though there's half a year to go before the promised release date on November 2014, speculations are feeding the frenzy over at the forums of PokemonCommunity.
One of the topics fans have been discussing includes the new look for the two Pokemons, as seen in the released box art for "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," which are Groudon and Kyogre.
"You must have noticed that the designs for Groudon and Kyogre are different. They still have their shape but the markings on their bodies are more pronounced, run along their bodies differently and depict the alpha and omega symbols. The markings are yellow rather than red and blue mirroring each other and also have a little of their own colors in their markings," says forums user Tao Dragon.
Because of the noticeable change in the design, fans have started to look for possible clues to the change, which they found in a previous report from Serebii. This quotes an emailed statement from The Pokemon Company clarifying the new art does pertain to something to be expected for "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire."
"Never before seen Pokemon" may be coming for the newest Pokemon game, which can mean new forms for the Pokemons may be coming.
(Credit: YouTube/The Official Pokémon Channel)
"I hope that they use the forms to be more powerful or something so that they can wreck more havoc on the region and make the story more intense. Considering that Mega Evolution happens when a trainer has a good bond with their Pokemon, I'm thinking these will be forms," says another fan, Pokemon Community forums user Eevee.
As far as speculations go, another thread started by forums user OmegaRuby and Alpha Sapphire has speculated on the possibility of bringing back The Pokemon World Tournament with the Hoenn remake.
"The Pokemon World Tournament was added in for the sequels of BW instead of another frontier. In the game, and in the anime they say that the tournament is hosted every X number of years. Do you think they could reference that by having Hoenn host it? Since Hoenn is said to take place years before Future Unova, they could include it in."
A number of fans over at the forum were in agreement in seeing the Pokemon World Tournament back with the new Pokemon game.
"I really hope it does! It sounded so awesome until you could only battle with 4 Pokemon each time. I want to be able to fight each gym leader 6 on 6! To get the full experience of battling them. I play the PWT a lot but it could be so much better with just a couple of changes!" said PokemonCommunity forums member Altairis.
So far, no details have been given regarding "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, so these speculations are mostly rumours for the most part. But as far as new content goes, Japanese magazine CoroCoro may have more in store this coming June.
Where to Pre-order 'Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire'
For those raring to be one of the first to get their hands on the game, here's a roundup of where to file your preorders to ensure that you get the Hoenn remake when it debuts in less than a year this November 2014.
Amazon.ca has the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" for preorder with free shipping, with the price tag at CDN$44.99. Interestingly, there's also a definitive release date of November 30, 2014, though this is most likely a placeholder date. There's even an option of preordering the two games alongside Super Smash Bros. on the Wii U for CDN$154.97.
Perhaps one of the earlier preorders for Nintendo's next Pokemon game was previously reported by Nintendo News, which pinpoints Newegg's preorder details for "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire." It's available at $39.99 each, and again, the release date pegged on the preorder page is November 30.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One And 360 Updates: MTV, Twitch App Announced As New 500GB Hard Drive Gets Revealed
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch