Indian Actor Shah Rukh Khan Beats Tom Cruise & Johnny Depp in Richest Actor List
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 23, 2014 11:42 AM EST
It is Jerry Seinfeld who turned out to be the wealthiest among them all. However, you may get surprised to know the second name in the list of the richest actors in the world. It is Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan who finished second in the list, beating big Hollywood names like Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp.
Shah Rukh Khan arrives on the red carpet for the premiere of "Ra One" in Toronto October 26, 2011. Khan has been named the most powerful celebrity of 2013. (REUTERS/Mark Blinch)
Wealth-X, a Singapore-based company, conducted the survey. It is estimated that Seinfeld has $820 million fortune to his name. Seinfeld, the TV show about "nothing," apparently left a lot for its creator. It was one of the most successful TV shows in the history of American television. It is often considered to be the best TV series ever happened on television. Even in 2013, the show had its fifth network syndication deal which earned the actor $400 million, according to Variety.
Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan, arguably the most surprising name in the list, may not be a well-known name in the West, but he is often considered to be the most popular actor in the world. His Facebook page has 8.7 million likes and his Twitter account is followed by 7.71 million people, most likely his fans in India. Khan has around $600 million to his name. Apart from being an actor, TV host and film producer, he also owns Kolkata Knight Riders - a cricket team which plays for Indian Premiere League. KKR;s value was estimated at $57.5 million in 2011. Internationally acclaimed cricketers like David Hussey, Morné Morkel, Brendon McCullum, Chris Gayle and Sourav Ganguly have been a part of KKR.
The next name in the list is Tom Cruise who has a fortune of $480 million, thanks to the high fees and back end deals in films. The fourth place is shared by Johnny Depp and Tyler Perry, having fortunes of $450 million each. Veteran actors like Jack Nicholson and Clint Eastwood make it to the top ten as well. Nicholson, (77), Eastwood (84) and Bill Cosby (76) are the oldest on the list.
Here is the complete list:
1. Jerry Seinfeld ($820 million)
2. Shah Rukh Khan ($600 million)
3. Tom Cruise ($480 million)
4. Tyler Perry ($450 million)
5. Johnny Depp ($450 million)
6. Jack Nicholson ($400 million)
7. Tom Hanks ($390 million)
8. Bill Cosby ($380 million)
9. Clint Eastwood ($370 million)
10. Adam Sandler ($340 million)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'