Indian Actor Shah Rukh Khan Beats Tom Cruise & Johnny Depp in Richest Actor List
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 23, 2014 11:42 AM EST
It is Jerry Seinfeld who turned out to be the wealthiest among them all. However, you may get surprised to know the second name in the list of the richest actors in the world. It is Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan who finished second in the list, beating big Hollywood names like Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp.
Shah Rukh Khan arrives on the red carpet for the premiere of "Ra One" in Toronto October 26, 2011. Khan has been named the most powerful celebrity of 2013. (REUTERS/Mark Blinch)
Wealth-X, a Singapore-based company, conducted the survey. It is estimated that Seinfeld has $820 million fortune to his name. Seinfeld, the TV show about "nothing," apparently left a lot for its creator. It was one of the most successful TV shows in the history of American television. It is often considered to be the best TV series ever happened on television. Even in 2013, the show had its fifth network syndication deal which earned the actor $400 million, according to Variety.
Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan, arguably the most surprising name in the list, may not be a well-known name in the West, but he is often considered to be the most popular actor in the world. His Facebook page has 8.7 million likes and his Twitter account is followed by 7.71 million people, most likely his fans in India. Khan has around $600 million to his name. Apart from being an actor, TV host and film producer, he also owns Kolkata Knight Riders - a cricket team which plays for Indian Premiere League. KKR;s value was estimated at $57.5 million in 2011. Internationally acclaimed cricketers like David Hussey, Morné Morkel, Brendon McCullum, Chris Gayle and Sourav Ganguly have been a part of KKR.
The next name in the list is Tom Cruise who has a fortune of $480 million, thanks to the high fees and back end deals in films. The fourth place is shared by Johnny Depp and Tyler Perry, having fortunes of $450 million each. Veteran actors like Jack Nicholson and Clint Eastwood make it to the top ten as well. Nicholson, (77), Eastwood (84) and Bill Cosby (76) are the oldest on the list.
Here is the complete list:
1. Jerry Seinfeld ($820 million)
2. Shah Rukh Khan ($600 million)
3. Tom Cruise ($480 million)
4. Tyler Perry ($450 million)
5. Johnny Depp ($450 million)
6. Jack Nicholson ($400 million)
7. Tom Hanks ($390 million)
8. Bill Cosby ($380 million)
9. Clint Eastwood ($370 million)
10. Adam Sandler ($340 million)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’