Indian Actor Shah Rukh Khan Beats Tom Cruise & Johnny Depp in Richest Actor List
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 23, 2014 11:42 AM EST
It is Jerry Seinfeld who turned out to be the wealthiest among them all. However, you may get surprised to know the second name in the list of the richest actors in the world. It is Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan who finished second in the list, beating big Hollywood names like Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp.
Shah Rukh Khan arrives on the red carpet for the premiere of "Ra One" in Toronto October 26, 2011. Khan has been named the most powerful celebrity of 2013. (REUTERS/Mark Blinch)
Wealth-X, a Singapore-based company, conducted the survey. It is estimated that Seinfeld has $820 million fortune to his name. Seinfeld, the TV show about "nothing," apparently left a lot for its creator. It was one of the most successful TV shows in the history of American television. It is often considered to be the best TV series ever happened on television. Even in 2013, the show had its fifth network syndication deal which earned the actor $400 million, according to Variety.
Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan, arguably the most surprising name in the list, may not be a well-known name in the West, but he is often considered to be the most popular actor in the world. His Facebook page has 8.7 million likes and his Twitter account is followed by 7.71 million people, most likely his fans in India. Khan has around $600 million to his name. Apart from being an actor, TV host and film producer, he also owns Kolkata Knight Riders - a cricket team which plays for Indian Premiere League. KKR;s value was estimated at $57.5 million in 2011. Internationally acclaimed cricketers like David Hussey, Morné Morkel, Brendon McCullum, Chris Gayle and Sourav Ganguly have been a part of KKR.
The next name in the list is Tom Cruise who has a fortune of $480 million, thanks to the high fees and back end deals in films. The fourth place is shared by Johnny Depp and Tyler Perry, having fortunes of $450 million each. Veteran actors like Jack Nicholson and Clint Eastwood make it to the top ten as well. Nicholson, (77), Eastwood (84) and Bill Cosby (76) are the oldest on the list.
Here is the complete list:
1. Jerry Seinfeld ($820 million)
2. Shah Rukh Khan ($600 million)
3. Tom Cruise ($480 million)
4. Tyler Perry ($450 million)
5. Johnny Depp ($450 million)
6. Jack Nicholson ($400 million)
7. Tom Hanks ($390 million)
8. Bill Cosby ($380 million)
9. Clint Eastwood ($370 million)
10. Adam Sandler ($340 million)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]