U.S Man Beat Wife to Death for Not Cooking Mutton
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 23, 2014 11:39 AM EST
A U.S. man was so angry with his wife for serving him the wrong dinner that he beat her to death. Seventy-five-year-old Noor Hussein, a Pakistani immigrant to the United States, was outraged after his wife, 66-year-old Nazar Hussein, prepared lentils for dinner instead of goat meat.
REUTERS/Jorge Dan Lopez
A man uses a knife to strip meat off a cow's skull in the "Cholojeros" zone next to the railway lines at Zona 18, in Guatemala City, May 6, 2014. Most of the beef consumed in the city is produced in the Cholojeros zone, according to the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Food (MAGA) of Guatemala. The long-standing area got its name from the word "cholojo", which means animal intestines in Guatemala. Picture taken May 6, 2014.
Hussein used a stick to beat his wife to death in their Brooklyn apartment. According to prosecutors, he kept on beating his wife until she became a "bloody mess," New York Post reported. The murder trial took place at the Brooklyn Supreme Court on Wednesday, May 21.
According to court papers, as the conversation turned into an argument, Nazar disrespected her husband and called him a "motherf*cker." It was apparently enough to instigate the husband who then took a wooden stick and hit his wife on her mouth and arm. Even though defence attorney Julie Clark did admit that her client killed his wife, she argued that the husband was only guilty of manslaughter as it was not his intention to kill his wife. Clark further argued that it would be customary to beat one's wife in Pakistan. "He comes from a culture where he thinks this is appropriate conduct, where he can hit his wife," Clark said, "He culturally believed he had the right to hit his wife and discipline his wife."
Prosecutors, on the contrary, did not agree with Clark on the argument that the man had not intended to kill his wife. According to Assistant District Attorney Sabeeha Madni, he did have the intention to kill his wife. "This was not a man who was trying to discipline his wife," Madni said. She also argued that the man "brutally attacked his wife as she lay in her bed." The man's assault on his wife left deep lacerations on her head, arms and shoulders.
The woman eventually died from brain haemorrhage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide