‘Watch Dogs’ News: More on the Always Online Feature, Confirmed 4 GB Requirement and Leaked Map Screenshots
By Gel Galang | May 23, 2014 11:10 AM EST
With barely a week before the release date of "Watch Dogs" finally comes, a few new things and leaks have overtaken the Internet before the title sees retail.
For one, there's new info regarding the online invasion of the game. The online component of "Watch Dogs" can be a fun experience, as the developers have previously explained it will be a seamless transition into the multiplayer mode.
"We don't talk about it ["Watch Dogs"] in terms of single-player and multiplayer. It's all online. It's seamless. You continue your game. That aspect, for me, is crucial because otherwise it's a break in the experience. It all feels like one experience," said lead gameplay designer Danny Belanger over at the Ubisoft Blog.
It seems gamers will now learn what that really means before "Watch Dogs" finally gets released.
Spawnfirst reports gamers may actually be punished, should they opt to turn off the online invasions in the game. Obtaining a screenshot of the game, the report shows disabling the online invasions will make players unavailable for invasion for other players as well as taking away their rights to participate in Online Hacking and Tailing. What's more, their Notoriety and all the Notoriety Skills they have unlocked will be reset and lost, respectively.
While this is a way to keep players engaged in the community, it may not be the most (willingly) compelling on the side of gamers. It brings to mind the same always-online move Xbox One has previously had, which was received with a backlash that forced the policy to be retracted.
Leaked Maps Compared with Los Santos in 'GTA 5'
Apart from gameplay videos and leaks from the various platforms that will release "Watch Dogs," a map of the title has already been leaked and even compared with another open-world game, "GTA 5."
Gamingbolt has obtained the snapshot that gives a glimpse of what to expect for "Watch Dogs." But if that's not enough, it was even overlaid with the map for "GTA 4" and compared to Los Santos from "GTA 5."
Size-wise, gamers can expect to explore quite a massive Chicago for "Watch Dogs." But more than that, and if the leaked gameplay footages are any indication, they can explore most of the nooks and crannies of this city.
It will be even more enjoyable for PC owners to explore "Watch Dogs," as it was just recently confirmed it can run with only 4 GB of RAM. Contrary to what has been announced as a 6 GB of RAM requirement, DSO Gaming has found a tweet from creative director Jonathan Morin who has assured there is no hard lock mechanism that will stop gamers from playing if they only have 4 GB of RAM on their PC.
@Rock_The_World6 4GB is lower then min specs. It might run if nothing else is running, but when it swap to your hard drive it will lag.
— Jonathan Morin (@Design_Cave) May 21, 2014
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight