More than Food: Rob Kardashian's Excess Weight from Abuse of Alcohol and Xanax
By Annie Dee | May 23, 2014 9:34 AM EST
Aside from food, Rob Kardashian's excess weight can be attributed to his abuse of alcohol and Xanax, which he takes to contain his depressive symptoms. His sister, Kim Kardashian's wedding to Kanye West is also making his conditions worse. Instead of being in a rehab being treated for his depression, he has to make a very public appearance for his sister, ensuring that he be picked on by the media and its harsh scrutiny.
Rob Kardashian is following in the footsteps of his famous father, the late Robert Kardashian, Sr., after the 25-year-old former "Dancing With The Stars" contestant tweeted that he's headed to law school at the University of Southern California.
It has been reported that Khloe Kardashian shed tears for his brother while on her jet trip to Paris for this big wedding, not only because she's very concerned about his brother letting go of his control over his weight, but because the media will not stop poking fun at Rob's weight. She said she'll take a piss on each news press in town if she could.
Being poked fun of is the least of Rob's concerns. According to Celebrity Dirty Laundry, Rob's ballooning weight is linked to possible mental health concerns that he has. Rob is said to be depressed for months now, and taking alcohol and Xanax was his way of coping. He was already in the process of recovering but his recovery is stalled because he is forced to make public appearances again. Harsh critics are making him more depressed than ever, and leading him to abuse alcohol and Xanax more.
Even though alcohol and prescribed Xanax in moderation can keep the depressive symptoms at bay, Radar Online reported that Rob is abusing both to keep himself from cracking under pressure.
Although Khloe Kardashian certainly showed her love and concern for her brother Rob's predicament, reports claimed that being part of the Kardashian clan is not helping Rob's recovery. Kris Jenner talking to Rob about his weight actually needs to be featured in national TV, which can cause more harm than good. Rob may be buckling under pressure to lose weight and look like the rest of his family, toned and perfect. Ironically, the struggle to look perfect and fit is exactly the reason why his weight keeps ballooning. His whole family being too busy with his sister, Kim's wedding and shopping at Paris is also depriving him of the attention he really needs.
Reports also claimed that because Rob Kardashian refuses to see a problem with his weight, he cannot embrace the need to lose it. He will not admit that he has any sort of major health issues, preferring to think that more time in the gym and some therapy are all that he needs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown