Shooters for the Weekend: 'Titanfall’s' New Community Challenge and More of 'Destiny' on the PS4
By Gel Galang | May 23, 2014 9:31 AM EST
"Titanfall" developer Respawn Entertainment has announced the newest "Titanfall" Community Challenge that players can get busy with over the weekend.
"Being the top player always feels good, but can you become the top team player?," challenged the Respawn.
This time, it's a call for players to get the highest amount of Assists within just one full match of Last Titan Standing. Players have until May 25, 3:59 pm PDT to try and be the best wingman in the game.
To take part in the "Titanfall" Community Challenge, all interested gamers need to do is grab a screenshot of the entire match results screen page, one that is readable for a definite win. As usual, ties will be decided with a random drawing to get one winner.
The loot is the "Titanfall" Swag Pack, which features a signed "Titanfall" art book, a full set of "Titanfall" patches and exclusive Titan Pins. Check out the link above for a sample of the screenshot and make great use of the weekend taking one for the team.
The PS4 Advantage: Pre-order and Pre-load 'Destiny'
Even though a number of fans did not expect the PS4's unique feature—pre-loading games to ensure ready-to-play on the release date coming with the 1.7 PS4 update—to miss out on titles like "Watch Dogs," at the very least, it will debut for one of the anticipated games this year, "Destiny."
"Beginning with Destiny, certain pre-ordered titles can be automatically pre-loaded prior to their release. This lets you rest easy knowing that your game will be ready for play the second its release date hits," reports Videogamer.
Technically, the game will be pre-loaded on gamers' PS4, but they won't be able to access and play the game until the release date hits the clock.
In order to take advantage of this new PS4 feature for "Destiny," gamers need to keep a few things in mind. First is they will need to pre-order "Destiny" to actually avail of the pre-load feature. Also, they need to download the PS4 1.7 update. Afterwards, go to Settings > System > Automatic Downloads and Uploads and set the option for automatic downloads to enabled.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0