Wolverine Claws Maker Colin Furze Builds Magneto Shoes That Allows Him to Walk on Ceiling Upside Down Like X-Men
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 23, 2014 8:55 AM EST
If inventor and YouTube sensation Colin Furze captivated the imagination of movie fans and fantasy lovers with his version of Wolverine claws, the man just released on Friday a new invention that allowed him to walk on the ceiling upside down.
Furze initially used an old pair of Vans where he drilled holes and fitted the soles with electromagnets, but it was too weak so he bought an unused microwave from a scrap yard and removed its transformer to get its magnetic coil.
After he ran some current through the magnetic coil, Furze attached custom-made plates to the magnet with straps around his shoes. He then placed switches on each shoe to cut the current which allowed him to move one foot ahead of the other independently.
The shoe supported his 176-pound frame. Just to ensure he is safe while doing the ceiling walk, Furze placed a pad underneath. He fell and missed the pad, but the misstep will surely not prevent the man from further inventing other devices.
The video of his Wolverine claws on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdcGek-NoFQ) has gone viral with 3.8 million hits in just one week.
His latest device invented in the garage, the Magneto shoes, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLi6lrOCzs) is likewise expected to be a hit since it would give people an opportunity to fulfill their X-men fantasies. In the few hours that Furze has posted the video in YouTube, it has logged 15,000 plus views, indicating the video would like be another viral hit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown