Wolverine Claws Maker Colin Furze Builds Magneto Shoes That Allows Him to Walk on Ceiling Upside Down Like X-Men
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 23, 2014 8:55 AM EST
If inventor and YouTube sensation Colin Furze captivated the imagination of movie fans and fantasy lovers with his version of Wolverine claws, the man just released on Friday a new invention that allowed him to walk on the ceiling upside down.
Furze initially used an old pair of Vans where he drilled holes and fitted the soles with electromagnets, but it was too weak so he bought an unused microwave from a scrap yard and removed its transformer to get its magnetic coil.
After he ran some current through the magnetic coil, Furze attached custom-made plates to the magnet with straps around his shoes. He then placed switches on each shoe to cut the current which allowed him to move one foot ahead of the other independently.
The shoe supported his 176-pound frame. Just to ensure he is safe while doing the ceiling walk, Furze placed a pad underneath. He fell and missed the pad, but the misstep will surely not prevent the man from further inventing other devices.
The video of his Wolverine claws on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdcGek-NoFQ) has gone viral with 3.8 million hits in just one week.
His latest device invented in the garage, the Magneto shoes, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLi6lrOCzs) is likewise expected to be a hit since it would give people an opportunity to fulfill their X-men fantasies. In the few hours that Furze has posted the video in YouTube, it has logged 15,000 plus views, indicating the video would like be another viral hit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Social Media Conspiracy Fires Up Due To Ancient Engraving On Mars [Watch Video]
- Aussies Love Robots More Than The Japanese Do
- Yuka, A Woolly Mammoth, Is Just 39,000 Years Young, And Wears A Reddish Coat
- Army Of Moonwalkers May Soon Be Ready As Michael Jackson Reportedly Cloned Himself Before Death
- Nanoplug Invisible Hearing Aid Comes With High-Tech Features And Nano-Battery That Recharges Instantaneously
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy