Wolverine Claws Maker Colin Furze Builds Magneto Shoes That Allows Him to Walk on Ceiling Upside Down Like X-Men
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 23, 2014 8:55 AM EST
If inventor and YouTube sensation Colin Furze captivated the imagination of movie fans and fantasy lovers with his version of Wolverine claws, the man just released on Friday a new invention that allowed him to walk on the ceiling upside down.
Furze initially used an old pair of Vans where he drilled holes and fitted the soles with electromagnets, but it was too weak so he bought an unused microwave from a scrap yard and removed its transformer to get its magnetic coil.
After he ran some current through the magnetic coil, Furze attached custom-made plates to the magnet with straps around his shoes. He then placed switches on each shoe to cut the current which allowed him to move one foot ahead of the other independently.
The shoe supported his 176-pound frame. Just to ensure he is safe while doing the ceiling walk, Furze placed a pad underneath. He fell and missed the pad, but the misstep will surely not prevent the man from further inventing other devices.
The video of his Wolverine claws on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdcGek-NoFQ) has gone viral with 3.8 million hits in just one week.
His latest device invented in the garage, the Magneto shoes, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLi6lrOCzs) is likewise expected to be a hit since it would give people an opportunity to fulfill their X-men fantasies. In the few hours that Furze has posted the video in YouTube, it has logged 15,000 plus views, indicating the video would like be another viral hit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Latest UFO Sighting Arizona: Couple See A Strange House That Appears Out Of No Where and Disappears, MUFON Report
- Couple Who Paid Young Girls To Stomp Puppy To Death Gets Life Sentence
- Australia's Rising Temperatures Have 'Definite' Links To Global Warming
- NASA's Curiosity Rover Discovers Water On Martian Soil: Mars Not A Dry Planet
- Malaysian Flight MH370 Latest Update: New Search Images Reveal Unknown Seabed Details In The Indian Ocean [Watch Video]
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks