Wolverine Claws Maker Colin Furze Builds Magneto Shoes That Allows Him to Walk on Ceiling Upside Down Like X-Men
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 23, 2014 8:55 AM EST
If inventor and YouTube sensation Colin Furze captivated the imagination of movie fans and fantasy lovers with his version of Wolverine claws, the man just released on Friday a new invention that allowed him to walk on the ceiling upside down.
Furze initially used an old pair of Vans where he drilled holes and fitted the soles with electromagnets, but it was too weak so he bought an unused microwave from a scrap yard and removed its transformer to get its magnetic coil.
After he ran some current through the magnetic coil, Furze attached custom-made plates to the magnet with straps around his shoes. He then placed switches on each shoe to cut the current which allowed him to move one foot ahead of the other independently.
The shoe supported his 176-pound frame. Just to ensure he is safe while doing the ceiling walk, Furze placed a pad underneath. He fell and missed the pad, but the misstep will surely not prevent the man from further inventing other devices.
The video of his Wolverine claws on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdcGek-NoFQ) has gone viral with 3.8 million hits in just one week.
His latest device invented in the garage, the Magneto shoes, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLi6lrOCzs) is likewise expected to be a hit since it would give people an opportunity to fulfill their X-men fantasies. In the few hours that Furze has posted the video in YouTube, it has logged 15,000 plus views, indicating the video would like be another viral hit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Zero-Gravity Update: Coffee Machine Brews Fresh ISSpresso For Astronauts
- Musical Training Enhances Long-Term Memory
- Sydney Heatwave Roundup: Mercury Rising To 40 Degrees, Severe Fire Warnings In Place
- Crop Production Amplifies Carbon Dioxide Cycle
- Stephen Hawking's Facebook Posts Tell You How The Cosmologist Reacts To 'Theory Of Everything' And 'Interstellar'
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide