Wolverine Claws Maker Colin Furze Builds Magneto Shoes That Allows Him to Walk on Ceiling Upside Down Like X-Men
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 23, 2014 8:55 AM EST
If inventor and YouTube sensation Colin Furze captivated the imagination of movie fans and fantasy lovers with his version of Wolverine claws, the man just released on Friday a new invention that allowed him to walk on the ceiling upside down.
Furze initially used an old pair of Vans where he drilled holes and fitted the soles with electromagnets, but it was too weak so he bought an unused microwave from a scrap yard and removed its transformer to get its magnetic coil.
After he ran some current through the magnetic coil, Furze attached custom-made plates to the magnet with straps around his shoes. He then placed switches on each shoe to cut the current which allowed him to move one foot ahead of the other independently.
The shoe supported his 176-pound frame. Just to ensure he is safe while doing the ceiling walk, Furze placed a pad underneath. He fell and missed the pad, but the misstep will surely not prevent the man from further inventing other devices.
The video of his Wolverine claws on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdcGek-NoFQ) has gone viral with 3.8 million hits in just one week.
His latest device invented in the garage, the Magneto shoes, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLi6lrOCzs) is likewise expected to be a hit since it would give people an opportunity to fulfill their X-men fantasies. In the few hours that Furze has posted the video in YouTube, it has logged 15,000 plus views, indicating the video would like be another viral hit.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Luckiest Koala: Hit by a Car and Hung On To It From Maryborough to Gympie
- New Technology to Build Invisible Material Using Light: Study Says
- UK Converts Coal Plants Into Solar Cell Farms
- Streaks of Jealousy Found Among Dogs
- Health Experts Plead Action to Prevent Skin Cancer Epidemic in New Zealand
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies