FC Barcelona News: New Boss Vows to Strengthen Barca Squad
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 22, 2014 10:58 PM EST
Newly appointed manager Luis Enrique vows to strengthen FC Barcelona not only through making acquisitions, but as well as through motivating the team that had seemingly lost "hunger."
“There will be [signings]. We are going to strengthen in the best way possible.” - Luis Enrique
"There will be [signings]. We are going to strengthen in the best way possible," the 44-year-old told uefa.com.
"We will play attacking, attractive football - the type that has won over millions of people throughout the world. I don't think the players need heavy-handed treatment."
"I think we need a lot of communication; [working] together we can be much stronger. I will demand that the players be hungry and that they show that hunger every day."
Managers who were appointed after the reign of Pep Guardiola failed to replicate or at least, keep up with the success that happened during 2008 to 2012.
Enrique would like to change the trend, while still retaining Barca's exciting approach to the game.
"This side was a reference point for the world game," he added.
"The season ticket holders here have become accustomed to seeing football from another galaxy and it's difficult to try to accept anything else. I will face up to that challenge, knowing that titles are what matters most. That said, I don't believe in winning titles playing a long-ball game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)