FC Barcelona News: New Boss Vows to Strengthen Barca Squad
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 22, 2014 10:58 PM EST
Newly appointed manager Luis Enrique vows to strengthen FC Barcelona not only through making acquisitions, but as well as through motivating the team that had seemingly lost "hunger."
“There will be [signings]. We are going to strengthen in the best way possible.” - Luis Enrique
"There will be [signings]. We are going to strengthen in the best way possible," the 44-year-old told uefa.com.
"We will play attacking, attractive football - the type that has won over millions of people throughout the world. I don't think the players need heavy-handed treatment."
"I think we need a lot of communication; [working] together we can be much stronger. I will demand that the players be hungry and that they show that hunger every day."
Managers who were appointed after the reign of Pep Guardiola failed to replicate or at least, keep up with the success that happened during 2008 to 2012.
Enrique would like to change the trend, while still retaining Barca's exciting approach to the game.
"This side was a reference point for the world game," he added.
"The season ticket holders here have become accustomed to seeing football from another galaxy and it's difficult to try to accept anything else. I will face up to that challenge, knowing that titles are what matters most. That said, I don't believe in winning titles playing a long-ball game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet