FC Barcelona News: New Boss Vows to Strengthen Barca Squad
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 22, 2014 10:58 PM EST
Newly appointed manager Luis Enrique vows to strengthen FC Barcelona not only through making acquisitions, but as well as through motivating the team that had seemingly lost "hunger."
“There will be [signings]. We are going to strengthen in the best way possible.” - Luis Enrique
"There will be [signings]. We are going to strengthen in the best way possible," the 44-year-old told uefa.com.
"We will play attacking, attractive football - the type that has won over millions of people throughout the world. I don't think the players need heavy-handed treatment."
"I think we need a lot of communication; [working] together we can be much stronger. I will demand that the players be hungry and that they show that hunger every day."
Managers who were appointed after the reign of Pep Guardiola failed to replicate or at least, keep up with the success that happened during 2008 to 2012.
Enrique would like to change the trend, while still retaining Barca's exciting approach to the game.
"This side was a reference point for the world game," he added.
"The season ticket holders here have become accustomed to seeing football from another galaxy and it's difficult to try to accept anything else. I will face up to that challenge, knowing that titles are what matters most. That said, I don't believe in winning titles playing a long-ball game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles