Chelsea FC News: Lack of Opportunities Hurt Former Blues Attacker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 22, 2014 10:39 PM EST
Wolfsburg attacker Kevin De Bruyne revealed that the lack of first-team opportunities at Chelsea hurt his chances of proving himself worthy of a regular spot in Jose Mourinho's squad.
“The second half of the season (at Wolfsburg) I showed everybody I'm a good player." - Kevin De Bruyne
The Belgian international was brought in during the Andre Villas-Boas era 2012, but was loaned out immediately until the "Special One" decided to take a chance on him in the first-half of the 2013/14 season.
He only made cameo appearances in the Champions League for Mourinho and was not included in the lineup for most of the Premier League term.
"For myself I know what I do on the field," the 22-year-old told Sky Sports.
"Physically I'm always one of the top players in the game and run a lot of kilometers."
Nevertheless, his move to the Bundesliga proved to be a blessing in disguise as he was able to show his wares and more importantly, he was selected to represent his country in the upcoming World Cup.
"The second half of the season (at Wolfsburg) I showed everybody I'm a good player," he added.
"But it's difficult to prove yourself if nobody can watch you - that's all I can say about it."
"I'm not at the club any more and I'm doing fine at the moment."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery