Chelsea FC News: Lack of Opportunities Hurt Former Blues Attacker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 22, 2014 10:39 PM EST
Wolfsburg attacker Kevin De Bruyne revealed that the lack of first-team opportunities at Chelsea hurt his chances of proving himself worthy of a regular spot in Jose Mourinho's squad.
“The second half of the season (at Wolfsburg) I showed everybody I'm a good player." - Kevin De Bruyne
The Belgian international was brought in during the Andre Villas-Boas era 2012, but was loaned out immediately until the "Special One" decided to take a chance on him in the first-half of the 2013/14 season.
He only made cameo appearances in the Champions League for Mourinho and was not included in the lineup for most of the Premier League term.
"For myself I know what I do on the field," the 22-year-old told Sky Sports.
"Physically I'm always one of the top players in the game and run a lot of kilometers."
Nevertheless, his move to the Bundesliga proved to be a blessing in disguise as he was able to show his wares and more importantly, he was selected to represent his country in the upcoming World Cup.
"The second half of the season (at Wolfsburg) I showed everybody I'm a good player," he added.
"But it's difficult to prove yourself if nobody can watch you - that's all I can say about it."
"I'm not at the club any more and I'm doing fine at the moment."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown