Chelsea FC News: Lack of Opportunities Hurt Former Blues Attacker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 22, 2014 10:39 PM EST
Wolfsburg attacker Kevin De Bruyne revealed that the lack of first-team opportunities at Chelsea hurt his chances of proving himself worthy of a regular spot in Jose Mourinho's squad.
“The second half of the season (at Wolfsburg) I showed everybody I'm a good player." - Kevin De Bruyne
The Belgian international was brought in during the Andre Villas-Boas era 2012, but was loaned out immediately until the "Special One" decided to take a chance on him in the first-half of the 2013/14 season.
He only made cameo appearances in the Champions League for Mourinho and was not included in the lineup for most of the Premier League term.
"For myself I know what I do on the field," the 22-year-old told Sky Sports.
"Physically I'm always one of the top players in the game and run a lot of kilometers."
Nevertheless, his move to the Bundesliga proved to be a blessing in disguise as he was able to show his wares and more importantly, he was selected to represent his country in the upcoming World Cup.
"The second half of the season (at Wolfsburg) I showed everybody I'm a good player," he added.
"But it's difficult to prove yourself if nobody can watch you - that's all I can say about it."
"I'm not at the club any more and I'm doing fine at the moment."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Derrick Rose Is Lying About His Health Says ESPN Analyst Stephen A. Smith
- Andy Murray, Ana Ivanovic, And Other Tennis Stars Arrive In Manila For The IPTL; Murray Meets Manny Pacquiao
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More