Chelsea FC News: Lack of Opportunities Hurt Former Blues Attacker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 22, 2014 10:39 PM EST
Wolfsburg attacker Kevin De Bruyne revealed that the lack of first-team opportunities at Chelsea hurt his chances of proving himself worthy of a regular spot in Jose Mourinho's squad.
“The second half of the season (at Wolfsburg) I showed everybody I'm a good player." - Kevin De Bruyne
The Belgian international was brought in during the Andre Villas-Boas era 2012, but was loaned out immediately until the "Special One" decided to take a chance on him in the first-half of the 2013/14 season.
He only made cameo appearances in the Champions League for Mourinho and was not included in the lineup for most of the Premier League term.
"For myself I know what I do on the field," the 22-year-old told Sky Sports.
"Physically I'm always one of the top players in the game and run a lot of kilometers."
Nevertheless, his move to the Bundesliga proved to be a blessing in disguise as he was able to show his wares and more importantly, he was selected to represent his country in the upcoming World Cup.
"The second half of the season (at Wolfsburg) I showed everybody I'm a good player," he added.
"But it's difficult to prove yourself if nobody can watch you - that's all I can say about it."
"I'm not at the club any more and I'm doing fine at the moment."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy