Chelsea FC News: Lack of Opportunities Hurt Former Blues Attacker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 22, 2014 10:39 PM EST
Wolfsburg attacker Kevin De Bruyne revealed that the lack of first-team opportunities at Chelsea hurt his chances of proving himself worthy of a regular spot in Jose Mourinho's squad.
“The second half of the season (at Wolfsburg) I showed everybody I'm a good player." - Kevin De Bruyne
The Belgian international was brought in during the Andre Villas-Boas era 2012, but was loaned out immediately until the "Special One" decided to take a chance on him in the first-half of the 2013/14 season.
He only made cameo appearances in the Champions League for Mourinho and was not included in the lineup for most of the Premier League term.
"For myself I know what I do on the field," the 22-year-old told Sky Sports.
"Physically I'm always one of the top players in the game and run a lot of kilometers."
Nevertheless, his move to the Bundesliga proved to be a blessing in disguise as he was able to show his wares and more importantly, he was selected to represent his country in the upcoming World Cup.
"The second half of the season (at Wolfsburg) I showed everybody I'm a good player," he added.
"But it's difficult to prove yourself if nobody can watch you - that's all I can say about it."
"I'm not at the club any more and I'm doing fine at the moment."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon