Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Goalkeeper Won't Settle Being 'Second Fiddle'
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 22, 2014 9:26 PM EST
Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, who is currently on-loan to Atletico Madrid, will be returning to his mother club once the campaign ends, and he is firm that he doesn't want to play second fiddle to Petr Cech at Stamford Bridge.
“The two of us want to play everything. Nobody will be happy to play in only the League Cup or FA Cup." - Thibaut Courtois
The Belgian international helped the Rojiblancos clinch the La Liga crown, while vying for another major trophy - the Champions League - on Saturday.
"The two of us want to play everything. Nobody will be happy to play in only the League Cup or FA Cup," the 22-year-old told BBC.
"Things are unclear at the moment. I have the biggest respect for Petr Cech. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, so I think putting him and me in the same team is not the healthiest thing in the world."
Cech underwent a shoulder procedure after falling awkwardly during the Champions League semi-finals against Atleti, but is expected to be back in time for pre-season camp.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast