‘Tropico’ 5 Review and Release Date for PC [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 22, 2014 9:22 PM EST
Pre sales of "Tropico" 5 game is reportedly getting record number of orders for the PC version ahead of its release date on May 23. The popular strategy game allows the player to rule a small island as its president.
"Tropico" 5 is a city building game, where the player is in charge of most of the infrastructure construction on the island. The objectives of the game include building a strong economy and providing for the needs of the people and at the same time keeping an eye out for elections and the rebel leader on the island.
The player begins with the liberation of the island from foreign rule in the 1850 to 1900 time frame. The player is then taken through the time periods of the World Wars, Great Depression, Cold War era and modern times.
The objective of the game is to build a prosperous and lasting dynasty. The extended family of the player's chosen character in the game can be found on the island. The player can appoint these family members to key positions under the regime.
"Tropico" 5 allows the player to research new technologies and build relations with other nations in the world, including allying with one of the Super Powers during the Cold War. Securing trade routes for imports and exports will also play a role in building up the economy in the game.
The multiplayer option in the game allows up to four players in one map. The players can choose to either cooperate in the game, by sharing resources, supplies and population or they can choose to go for an all out war with each other.
"Tropico" 4 was highly popular among fans. The game was a big improvement over its predecessor and had done away with some of the problems like low population cap. Fans are excited to see what new features the upcoming game will bring during gameplay.
"Tropico" 5 will be available for the Windows PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 version of the game may be released later in the year and the PC version will be among the first to hit the market.
'Dragon Age' Inquisition: The Fortress of Adamant [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Star Trek' Horizons: War with the Romulans [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Middle Earth' Shadow of Mordor - New Trailer Shows Gameplay Features [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar