‘Tropico’ 5 Review and Release Date for PC [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 22, 2014 9:22 PM EST
Pre sales of "Tropico" 5 game is reportedly getting record number of orders for the PC version ahead of its release date on May 23. The popular strategy game allows the player to rule a small island as its president.
"Tropico" 5 is a city building game, where the player is in charge of most of the infrastructure construction on the island. The objectives of the game include building a strong economy and providing for the needs of the people and at the same time keeping an eye out for elections and the rebel leader on the island.
The player begins with the liberation of the island from foreign rule in the 1850 to 1900 time frame. The player is then taken through the time periods of the World Wars, Great Depression, Cold War era and modern times.
The objective of the game is to build a prosperous and lasting dynasty. The extended family of the player's chosen character in the game can be found on the island. The player can appoint these family members to key positions under the regime.
"Tropico" 5 allows the player to research new technologies and build relations with other nations in the world, including allying with one of the Super Powers during the Cold War. Securing trade routes for imports and exports will also play a role in building up the economy in the game.
The multiplayer option in the game allows up to four players in one map. The players can choose to either cooperate in the game, by sharing resources, supplies and population or they can choose to go for an all out war with each other.
"Tropico" 4 was highly popular among fans. The game was a big improvement over its predecessor and had done away with some of the problems like low population cap. Fans are excited to see what new features the upcoming game will bring during gameplay.
"Tropico" 5 will be available for the Windows PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 version of the game may be released later in the year and the PC version will be among the first to hit the market.
'Dragon Age' Inquisition: The Fortress of Adamant [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Star Trek' Horizons: War with the Romulans [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Middle Earth' Shadow of Mordor - New Trailer Shows Gameplay Features [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change