‘Tropico’ 5 Review and Release Date for PC [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 22, 2014 9:22 PM EST
Pre sales of "Tropico" 5 game is reportedly getting record number of orders for the PC version ahead of its release date on May 23. The popular strategy game allows the player to rule a small island as its president.
"Tropico" 5 is a city building game, where the player is in charge of most of the infrastructure construction on the island. The objectives of the game include building a strong economy and providing for the needs of the people and at the same time keeping an eye out for elections and the rebel leader on the island.
The player begins with the liberation of the island from foreign rule in the 1850 to 1900 time frame. The player is then taken through the time periods of the World Wars, Great Depression, Cold War era and modern times.
The objective of the game is to build a prosperous and lasting dynasty. The extended family of the player's chosen character in the game can be found on the island. The player can appoint these family members to key positions under the regime.
"Tropico" 5 allows the player to research new technologies and build relations with other nations in the world, including allying with one of the Super Powers during the Cold War. Securing trade routes for imports and exports will also play a role in building up the economy in the game.
The multiplayer option in the game allows up to four players in one map. The players can choose to either cooperate in the game, by sharing resources, supplies and population or they can choose to go for an all out war with each other.
"Tropico" 4 was highly popular among fans. The game was a big improvement over its predecessor and had done away with some of the problems like low population cap. Fans are excited to see what new features the upcoming game will bring during gameplay.
"Tropico" 5 will be available for the Windows PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 version of the game may be released later in the year and the PC version will be among the first to hit the market.
'Dragon Age' Inquisition: The Fortress of Adamant [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Star Trek' Horizons: War with the Romulans [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Middle Earth' Shadow of Mordor - New Trailer Shows Gameplay Features [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date