‘Tropico’ 5 Review and Release Date for PC [Watch Trailer]
By Sachin Trivedi | May 22, 2014 9:22 PM EST
Pre sales of "Tropico" 5 game is reportedly getting record number of orders for the PC version ahead of its release date on May 23. The popular strategy game allows the player to rule a small island as its president.
"Tropico" 5 is a city building game, where the player is in charge of most of the infrastructure construction on the island. The objectives of the game include building a strong economy and providing for the needs of the people and at the same time keeping an eye out for elections and the rebel leader on the island.
The player begins with the liberation of the island from foreign rule in the 1850 to 1900 time frame. The player is then taken through the time periods of the World Wars, Great Depression, Cold War era and modern times.
The objective of the game is to build a prosperous and lasting dynasty. The extended family of the player's chosen character in the game can be found on the island. The player can appoint these family members to key positions under the regime.
"Tropico" 5 allows the player to research new technologies and build relations with other nations in the world, including allying with one of the Super Powers during the Cold War. Securing trade routes for imports and exports will also play a role in building up the economy in the game.
The multiplayer option in the game allows up to four players in one map. The players can choose to either cooperate in the game, by sharing resources, supplies and population or they can choose to go for an all out war with each other.
"Tropico" 4 was highly popular among fans. The game was a big improvement over its predecessor and had done away with some of the problems like low population cap. Fans are excited to see what new features the upcoming game will bring during gameplay.
"Tropico" 5 will be available for the Windows PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 version of the game may be released later in the year and the PC version will be among the first to hit the market.
'Dragon Age' Inquisition: The Fortress of Adamant [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Star Trek' Horizons: War with the Romulans [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Middle Earth' Shadow of Mordor - New Trailer Shows Gameplay Features [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More