2014 Meteor Shower: What Time and Where to Watch Online the May Camelopardalid Peak on May 23 and 24
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 22, 2014 8:09 PM EST
Earth will be coming into contact with the streams of debris from the Comet 209P/LINEAR resulting to the 2014 May Camelopardalid meteor shower set to peak on Friday and Saturday, May 23 and 24. The upcoming meteor shower could offer an amazing sky display and viewers can observe it online.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) confirmed in the abcNews report that the meteor shower peak is expected to take place between 1 am and 3am CDT on Saturday, May 24. The report further noted that North America will be a great spot to observe the meteor shower provided that the skies are clear.
The space agency further recommends the viewers to find a dark but safe location to look at the meteor shower. If weather disturbances give the viewers a problem in observing the meteor shower, they are advised to just stay indoors and have a look at NASA's chat and live stream. Click HERE for NASA's Live Chat and Ustream on the 2014 meteor shower.
According to the Universe Today report, the Comet 209P/LINEAR is already drawing closer and brighter with a magnitude approximately at +13.7 and a speed rapidly picking up each night. It is expected that it will continue to brighten up to the point it can be seen through telescopes really soon.
For those who have cloudy skies and could not find a location that can best view the upcoming meteor shower, astrophysicist Gianluca Masi will be offering the viewers a chance to experience the sky display through a live feed of the comet at the Virtual Telescope Project Web site scheduled to begin at 3 pm CDT (8 pm Greenwich Time) on Thursday, May 22. Click HERE.
The second 2014 meteor shower live feed will begin at 12:30 am CDT (5:30 am Greenwich Time) on Friday night or Saturday morning, May 23 and 24. Click HERE. Furthermore, SLOOH will have a live coverage as well on the Comet 209P/LINEAR on their Web site coming from the telescopes situated on the Canary Islands.
The live meteor shower coverage will kick off at 5 pm CDT (6 pm EDT, 4 pm MDT and 3 pm PDT) on Friday, May 23. Meanwhile, the live meteor shower coverage that will feature astronomer Bob Berman of Astronomy Magazine is set to begin at 10 pm CDT and the viewers can ask their questions with the use of the hashtag #slooh. Click HERE.
More Articles to Read:
2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Best View Camelopardalids Meteor Shower Peak on May 23 and 24 - [READ]
Viral Video Michael Jackson Dance: High School Student Performs 'Billie Jean' at Pitman High School Talent Rally [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet