‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Gives-Up Thursday Night Spot to NFL
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 22, 2014 7:46 PM EST
The Season 6 finale of "The Big Bang Theory" sent Leonard on an expedition to the North Sea. The Season 7 finale has sent Sheldon out of Pasadena on an expedition to discover himself. There is no doubt that Sheldon will return when CBS's hugely popular comedy series returns for Season 8. There is likely to be some change in Sheldon when he comes back. The one change that is confirmed is that he will appear on Mondays, and not Thursdays.
This change of telecast date, however, is not permanent, but a brief one. "The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 will premiere on Monday this fall [sometime in September] due to Thursday night NFL telecasts. It is scheduled to move back to Thursdays on October 30, 2011.
In March, 2014, CBS renewed "The Big Bang Theory" for three seasons, which showed the show's immense popularity and CBS's huge commitment, as a result of that.
"This multiyear deal further strengthens our network's position for future seasons and marks another chapter in the great partnership CBS enjoys with Warner Bros. Television for delivering audiences the best in comedy," said Nina Tassler, chairman of CBS Entertainment, as quoted by Zap2it. "We're proud to work with and showcase the incredible talents of [executive producers] Chuck Lorre, Steve Molaro and this amazing cast every week."
In Season 7 of "The Big Bang Theory," Penny and Leonard got engaged, Raj found an understanding girl in Emily and they kissed and had sex, Howard and Bernadette relationship continued to be their kind of normal. Stuart saved this couple from a possible breakdown by taking-up the difficult job of taking care of Howard's screaming mother. Stuart and Howard's mother hit-it off like close friends.
Sheldon and Amy's relationship took baby steps and there was a noticeable change in their comfort level in Seaosn 7. In one of the much talked about episodes, Sheldon kissed Amy on her lips and it seemed like he enjoyed it. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic of Sheldon and Amy's relationship change after Sheldon comes back from his discovering-self expedition.
One cannot wait to see what kind of changed behaviour Sheldon will be displaying, and what he was up to.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet