J.J. Abrams' 'Star Wars VII' Teaser Trailer In UNICEF Video
By Tanya Diente | May 22, 2014 6:45 PM EST
J.J. Abrams teases "Star Wars" fans with a "trailer" of the "Star Wars VII" film in a video message for UNICEF, direct from the set of their Abu Dhabi shoot.
Writer/Director/Producer J.J. Abrams (top center in glasses) conducts a cast reading for "Star Wars: Episode VII" at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire in this publicity photo taken and released to Reuters April 29, 2014. Clockwise from Abrams are Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and writer Lawrence Kasdan.
In the teaser video (below), fans get to glimpse a little actual detail of the Abu Dhabi set, which Variety describes as Anakin and Luke Skywalker's dusty home planet of Tatooine. Also starring in the teaser video is one alien creature from that far off galaxy, masterfully presented with the use of makeup and physical effects, rather than CGI. A man also stands visibly in the background, covered in a black hooded robe while seemingly giving the camera the evil eye.
In the video, J.J. Abrams also introduces "Star Wars: Force for Change". He describes it as a "brand new initiative that is dedicated to finding creative solutions to some of the world's biggest problems. It's about helping kids all around the world by supporting UNICEF Innovation Labs and Programs."
According to Variety, "Star Wars: Force for Change," is a venture from Disney and Lucasfilm in collaboration with Bad Robot. It aims to raise funds and awareness for UNICEF's Innovation Labs and its project benefiting children in need. Every $10 minimum donation at the initiative's Omaze Page, will be entered into a prize draw, for a chance of winning the major prize of a trip to London to be Abram's guest on the Pinewood Studio set of "Star Wars VII." The winner will also be given a walk-on role; the chance to star in a scene in the highly secretive film.
Insidemovies quoted J.J. Abrams on his message for "Star Wars: Force for Change."
"We want to put you in the movie, in Star Wars. You get to come to London, where we're shooting the movie mostly at Pinewood Studios. You'll get to meet the cast, go behind the scenes, and see the whole moviemaking process. But more than that, we'll put you in hair, makeup and wardrobe, and you'll actually get to be in the movie," Abrams explained.
According to CNN, the walk-on role is available for auction and a fan can land the part for as little as $10 in contribution.
Minor prizes include limited edition posters, t-shirts, a lightsaber hilt, concept art and film stills from "Episode VII," and an advanced screening of the movie in the winner's hometown, depending on the amount pledged.
The contest started just after Midnight on Wednesday and will end until 11:59 p.m. PT on July 18. More details are available at StarWars.com/ForceForChange.
Disney will release "Star Wars VII" in December 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff