Iggy Azalea Opens Up About Being a Teenage Rebel
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 22, 2014 6:39 PM EST
Iggy Azalea is now a household name. The popularity of the flawless Aussie-born singer-rapper is undoubtedly as its peak. Her album "The New Classic" is currently at the third spot in Billboard's list of rap albums. Iggy's new song with Ariana Grande is charting all over the world too. She's been making rounds on different television programs and award shows. On May 20, Iggy made an appearance on Chelsea Handler's late night talk show, "Chelsea Lately."
Singer Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Iggy talked about how she moved to a foreign country all by herself. Iggy revealed she was a high school drop-out, but that doesn't stop her from coming to the U.S. At 16 and knowing basically nothing about the country, Iggy left her family in Australia to fly to the U.S.
"Not with my mom, she stayed at home, she stayed at home, just me," Iggy said.
Even though Iggy didn't graduate high school from Australia, she still managed to earn her General Educational Development (GED) later.
"I got my GED."
"I could get a honourary degree too, you guys, you don't have to have any education for that either, I could still get a college degree."
Iggy, who is in a relationship with Los Angeles Lakers star Nick Young, said that her parents weren't really in favour of her decision to move to another country. However, Iggy was attracted to Florida which made her leave her family behind.
"I felt like Florida was for me."
"I had heard about the craziness and I felt like that was the state I should go to."
Meanwhile, Iggy was also a guest on the finale episode of "Dancing with the Stars" Season 18, where she had a not so "fancy" performance. Iggy's ear-in monitors malfunctioned in front of a live televised audience, the Daily Mail reported. Iggy had to stop singing at the beginning of the song.
"I'm so sorry but there's something wrong with my ears," Iggy said overlapping with some lines into her song. Nonetheless, she staged a commendable recovery.
Later, Iggy apologised to her fans on Twitter.
Iam so sorry guys! My in ears messed up and I couldn't hear the track. The dramas of live TV. Shit happens. Still really enjoyed it.— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) May 21, 2014
Watch Iggy's performance in "Dancing With the Stars" here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch