Iggy Azalea Opens Up About Being a Teenage Rebel
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 22, 2014 6:39 PM EST
Iggy Azalea is now a household name. The popularity of the flawless Aussie-born singer-rapper is undoubtedly as its peak. Her album "The New Classic" is currently at the third spot in Billboard's list of rap albums. Iggy's new song with Ariana Grande is charting all over the world too. She's been making rounds on different television programs and award shows. On May 20, Iggy made an appearance on Chelsea Handler's late night talk show, "Chelsea Lately."
Singer Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Iggy talked about how she moved to a foreign country all by herself. Iggy revealed she was a high school drop-out, but that doesn't stop her from coming to the U.S. At 16 and knowing basically nothing about the country, Iggy left her family in Australia to fly to the U.S.
"Not with my mom, she stayed at home, she stayed at home, just me," Iggy said.
Even though Iggy didn't graduate high school from Australia, she still managed to earn her General Educational Development (GED) later.
"I got my GED."
"I could get a honourary degree too, you guys, you don't have to have any education for that either, I could still get a college degree."
Iggy, who is in a relationship with Los Angeles Lakers star Nick Young, said that her parents weren't really in favour of her decision to move to another country. However, Iggy was attracted to Florida which made her leave her family behind.
"I felt like Florida was for me."
"I had heard about the craziness and I felt like that was the state I should go to."
Meanwhile, Iggy was also a guest on the finale episode of "Dancing with the Stars" Season 18, where she had a not so "fancy" performance. Iggy's ear-in monitors malfunctioned in front of a live televised audience, the Daily Mail reported. Iggy had to stop singing at the beginning of the song.
"I'm so sorry but there's something wrong with my ears," Iggy said overlapping with some lines into her song. Nonetheless, she staged a commendable recovery.
Later, Iggy apologised to her fans on Twitter.
Iam so sorry guys! My in ears messed up and I couldn't hear the track. The dramas of live TV. Shit happens. Still really enjoyed it.— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) May 21, 2014
Watch Iggy's performance in "Dancing With the Stars" here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Eugenie Bouchard To Conquer Next Era After Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide