Samsung Galaxy S5: Mugen Power Extended Battery Now Available for Android Smartphone
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 22, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Aside from the Zero Lemon Extended Battery Case, the Mugen Power extended battery can also add more battery life to the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. The company has released their new 5,900 mAh Mugen battery that can make the Android device's battery life longer from the 2,800 mAh Li-Ion battery.
The GSMArena report on the new extended battery warns the Samsung Galaxy S5 owners that the slim design of the smartphone will become thicker because of Mugen's personal replacement cover. Click HERE to see photo.
The battery manufacturer has not revealed the exact dimensions of the extended battery's replacement cover but the company did confirm that it will allow the Qi wireless charging feature and retain the NFC functionality of the Samsung device. Furthermore, the Mugen power extended battery should be able to offer the Samsung Galaxy S5 users with more than 19 hours of Web browsing and more than 22 hours of video playback.
However, the extended battery and the replacement cover do not offer water-resistance on the device. According to the Android Authority report, Mugen is working on a waterproof version that will be released soon.
Interested consumers can now order the new Mugen Power extended battery for the Samsung Galaxy S5 directly through Mugen with the free worldwide shipping scheduled to kick off on June 6, 2014. The extended battery is worth $89.50 and the consumers can choose from the available colour options of the battery cover which is black and white.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, dimensions of 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm at 145 grams weight, a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974-AC Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with the latest TouchWiz UI and Adreno 330 GPU.
Other features and specs incorporated in the device are the internal storage capacities of 16 GB or 32 GB that can be expanded up to 128 GB through the available microSD card slot, a 16 MP primary camera, a 2 MP secondary camera capable of dual video call, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, Infrared port, microUSB v3.0, fingerprint sensor and IP67 certification for dust and water resistance of up to 1 meter and half an hour.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset to be Offered in the UK Starting May 29 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff