Samsung Galaxy S5: Mugen Power Extended Battery Now Available for Android Smartphone
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 22, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Aside from the Zero Lemon Extended Battery Case, the Mugen Power extended battery can also add more battery life to the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. The company has released their new 5,900 mAh Mugen battery that can make the Android device's battery life longer from the 2,800 mAh Li-Ion battery.
The GSMArena report on the new extended battery warns the Samsung Galaxy S5 owners that the slim design of the smartphone will become thicker because of Mugen's personal replacement cover. Click HERE to see photo.
The battery manufacturer has not revealed the exact dimensions of the extended battery's replacement cover but the company did confirm that it will allow the Qi wireless charging feature and retain the NFC functionality of the Samsung device. Furthermore, the Mugen power extended battery should be able to offer the Samsung Galaxy S5 users with more than 19 hours of Web browsing and more than 22 hours of video playback.
However, the extended battery and the replacement cover do not offer water-resistance on the device. According to the Android Authority report, Mugen is working on a waterproof version that will be released soon.
Interested consumers can now order the new Mugen Power extended battery for the Samsung Galaxy S5 directly through Mugen with the free worldwide shipping scheduled to kick off on June 6, 2014. The extended battery is worth $89.50 and the consumers can choose from the available colour options of the battery cover which is black and white.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, dimensions of 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm at 145 grams weight, a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974-AC Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with the latest TouchWiz UI and Adreno 330 GPU.
Other features and specs incorporated in the device are the internal storage capacities of 16 GB or 32 GB that can be expanded up to 128 GB through the available microSD card slot, a 16 MP primary camera, a 2 MP secondary camera capable of dual video call, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, Infrared port, microUSB v3.0, fingerprint sensor and IP67 certification for dust and water resistance of up to 1 meter and half an hour.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset to be Offered in the UK Starting May 29 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date