Samsung Galaxy S5: Mugen Power Extended Battery Now Available for Android Smartphone
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 22, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Aside from the Zero Lemon Extended Battery Case, the Mugen Power extended battery can also add more battery life to the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. The company has released their new 5,900 mAh Mugen battery that can make the Android device's battery life longer from the 2,800 mAh Li-Ion battery.
The GSMArena report on the new extended battery warns the Samsung Galaxy S5 owners that the slim design of the smartphone will become thicker because of Mugen's personal replacement cover. Click HERE to see photo.
The battery manufacturer has not revealed the exact dimensions of the extended battery's replacement cover but the company did confirm that it will allow the Qi wireless charging feature and retain the NFC functionality of the Samsung device. Furthermore, the Mugen power extended battery should be able to offer the Samsung Galaxy S5 users with more than 19 hours of Web browsing and more than 22 hours of video playback.
However, the extended battery and the replacement cover do not offer water-resistance on the device. According to the Android Authority report, Mugen is working on a waterproof version that will be released soon.
Interested consumers can now order the new Mugen Power extended battery for the Samsung Galaxy S5 directly through Mugen with the free worldwide shipping scheduled to kick off on June 6, 2014. The extended battery is worth $89.50 and the consumers can choose from the available colour options of the battery cover which is black and white.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, dimensions of 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm at 145 grams weight, a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974-AC Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with the latest TouchWiz UI and Adreno 330 GPU.
Other features and specs incorporated in the device are the internal storage capacities of 16 GB or 32 GB that can be expanded up to 128 GB through the available microSD card slot, a 16 MP primary camera, a 2 MP secondary camera capable of dual video call, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, Infrared port, microUSB v3.0, fingerprint sensor and IP67 certification for dust and water resistance of up to 1 meter and half an hour.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset to be Offered in the UK Starting May 29 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports