Samsung Galaxy S5: Mugen Power Extended Battery Now Available for Android Smartphone
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 22, 2014 6:16 PM EST
Aside from the Zero Lemon Extended Battery Case, the Mugen Power extended battery can also add more battery life to the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. The company has released their new 5,900 mAh Mugen battery that can make the Android device's battery life longer from the 2,800 mAh Li-Ion battery.
The GSMArena report on the new extended battery warns the Samsung Galaxy S5 owners that the slim design of the smartphone will become thicker because of Mugen's personal replacement cover. Click HERE to see photo.
The battery manufacturer has not revealed the exact dimensions of the extended battery's replacement cover but the company did confirm that it will allow the Qi wireless charging feature and retain the NFC functionality of the Samsung device. Furthermore, the Mugen power extended battery should be able to offer the Samsung Galaxy S5 users with more than 19 hours of Web browsing and more than 22 hours of video playback.
However, the extended battery and the replacement cover do not offer water-resistance on the device. According to the Android Authority report, Mugen is working on a waterproof version that will be released soon.
Interested consumers can now order the new Mugen Power extended battery for the Samsung Galaxy S5 directly through Mugen with the free worldwide shipping scheduled to kick off on June 6, 2014. The extended battery is worth $89.50 and the consumers can choose from the available colour options of the battery cover which is black and white.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, dimensions of 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm at 145 grams weight, a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974-AC Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with the latest TouchWiz UI and Adreno 330 GPU.
Other features and specs incorporated in the device are the internal storage capacities of 16 GB or 32 GB that can be expanded up to 128 GB through the available microSD card slot, a 16 MP primary camera, a 2 MP secondary camera capable of dual video call, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC, Infrared port, microUSB v3.0, fingerprint sensor and IP67 certification for dust and water resistance of up to 1 meter and half an hour.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset to be Offered in the UK Starting May 29 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown