‘Sleepy Hollow’ Season 2 Updates: 18 Episodes, Benjamin Franklin, Headless Horsemen Get Recurring Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 22, 2014 6:06 PM EST
The second season of "Sleepy Hollow" will consist of 18 episodes, which is five more than the freshman season. The first season of "Sleepy Hollow" consisted of 13 episodes.
"We look at this series as epic and every episode as needing to be epic," Mark Goffman said to Entertainment Weekly, adding that every episode needs to be an adventure, and "something mind blowing has to happen to our characters, with major revelations that move the story forward."
"We still approach it with that in mind. The more episodes you do, the harder that becomes, but I feel we are still at level where we can maintain that pace," Goffman said.
The production of Season 2 began on May 05. According to Entertainment Weekly (EW), the first episode, titled "Hellfire," has already been shot and Ken Olin directed the premiere episode. The cast and crew are currently filming the second episode of season two. This episode is titled "The Kindred."
EW reports that the second episode features Timothy Busfield, "The West Wing" actor, as Benjamin Franklin. Busfield has been roped-in to play a recurring role in the second season.
"Not a lot of people have actually played Ben Franklin, and the more I learn about him and read about him, he's a really fun guy," Busfield said to EW. "He's a writer, and I love how that informs his mind."
The veteran actor is happy to play a guy with potbelly. Ken Olin, executive producer of "Sleepy Hollow," told him to "eat all the ice cream you want." Busfield said that "there's nothing more fun to hear as an actor."
"I get to play a guy with a potbelly who wears bifocals -- finally a part that Michael Fassbender couldn't play," he said to EW.
Meanwhile, the Headless Horsemen also gets a recurring role in season two. Deadline.com reports that British actor Neil Jackson, who guest starred in episode seven of season one, is set to "heavily recur" in season two. The actor will return to reprise his role as Abraham Von Brunt, the Headless Horseman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More