‘Sleepy Hollow’ Season 2 Updates: 18 Episodes, Benjamin Franklin, Headless Horsemen Get Recurring Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 22, 2014 6:06 PM EST
The second season of "Sleepy Hollow" will consist of 18 episodes, which is five more than the freshman season. The first season of "Sleepy Hollow" consisted of 13 episodes.
"We look at this series as epic and every episode as needing to be epic," Mark Goffman said to Entertainment Weekly, adding that every episode needs to be an adventure, and "something mind blowing has to happen to our characters, with major revelations that move the story forward."
"We still approach it with that in mind. The more episodes you do, the harder that becomes, but I feel we are still at level where we can maintain that pace," Goffman said.
The production of Season 2 began on May 05. According to Entertainment Weekly (EW), the first episode, titled "Hellfire," has already been shot and Ken Olin directed the premiere episode. The cast and crew are currently filming the second episode of season two. This episode is titled "The Kindred."
EW reports that the second episode features Timothy Busfield, "The West Wing" actor, as Benjamin Franklin. Busfield has been roped-in to play a recurring role in the second season.
"Not a lot of people have actually played Ben Franklin, and the more I learn about him and read about him, he's a really fun guy," Busfield said to EW. "He's a writer, and I love how that informs his mind."
The veteran actor is happy to play a guy with potbelly. Ken Olin, executive producer of "Sleepy Hollow," told him to "eat all the ice cream you want." Busfield said that "there's nothing more fun to hear as an actor."
"I get to play a guy with a potbelly who wears bifocals -- finally a part that Michael Fassbender couldn't play," he said to EW.
Meanwhile, the Headless Horsemen also gets a recurring role in season two. Deadline.com reports that British actor Neil Jackson, who guest starred in episode seven of season one, is set to "heavily recur" in season two. The actor will return to reprise his role as Abraham Von Brunt, the Headless Horseman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage