‘The Young and the Restless’ Cast News: ‘Y&R’ Producer Jill Farren Phelps ‘Approached’ Michael Muhney or Billy Miller to Return to the Show
By jaskiran kaur | May 22, 2014 5:24 PM EST
"The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) fans are not yet over Michael Muhney and Billy Miller's exit that took place earlier this year.
While Billy's role was reprised by former "Y&R" actor David Tom, it remains to be seen who would take over Michael Muhney's character Adam Newman. Exit of the fan-favourite actors left millions of "Y&R" lovers shocked and protesting. According to the latest update, show-runner Jill Farren Phelps reached out to one of the actors about returning to her Emmy Award winning day-time soap opera.
CBS' "The Young and the Restless" has undergone major cast shakeup in last few months. Effect of which can be seen in the ratings of the show. When Michael Muhney exited the show after appearing for the last time on Jan. 30 episode, several fans protested saying they would boycott "Y&R."
Billy Miller played the role of Billy Abbott. His exit was attributed to news about tension behind-the-cameras and issues about contracts with Jill Farren Phelps. Meanwhile, Michael Muhney was charged with allegations of allegedly sexually harassing a fellow actress Hunter King, resulting in his firing.
But it seems show's producer is now repenting her decision that may have resulted in show's sinking viewership.
According to a Highlight Hollywood report, CBS' once popular, long-running soap opera has lost "one-million and five hundred thousand viewers," in last six months. The report also revealed that Jill Farren Phelps has realized the "massive mistake she made in letting go one of the show's popular and talented actors." Furthermore, she may have also begged that actor to return to the show.
She reportedly "approached this actor to return," reveals the report. However, she made a "terrible offer" and she was "quickly rebuffed," according to the report.
Celebrity Dirty Laundry reports it was either Michael Muhney or Billy Miller, who she approached. After Billy Miller and Michael Muhney, many more actors announced their departure, recent being Michelle Stafford. Michelle played the role of Phyllis and has now joined the cast of rival daytime soap opera "General Hospital."
Billy Miller was immediately replaced by David Tom as his character Billy Abbott. As for Michael Muhney's Adam Newman, there is no official confirmation who would be taking over the role. Although, it seems the show is laying the ground for Adam Newman's return who was earlier thought to be dead by Genoa City residents.
Meanwhile, fans have not been too welcoming of Billy Miller's replacement David Tom. David played the role for three years before Ryan Brown took over the role in 2002. It was only in 2008 when Miller joined "Y&R" as Jill and John Abbott's son. Fans quickly grew fond of him and it earned him huge fan following.
As for Michael Muhney, he portrayed well-loved character Adam Newman for six years before he was fired from "The Young and the Restles." He became immensely popular and gained enormous fan base. Even after six months, fans are hoping to see Michael Muhney return to "The Young and the Restless."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal