‘Elder Scrolls Online’ Gets First Update – Offline Maintenance to Hit American and European Servers
By Sachin Trivedi | May 22, 2014 5:20 PM EST
The first update for the popular MMORPG "Elder Scrolls Online" will be starting on May 22. The developers announced that the Update 1 will also include the much awaited Craglorn update. Subscribers may not need to spend anything extra for this update.
The Elder Scrolls Online was released on 4 April, 2014.
The Craglorn update of the "Elder Scrolls Online" game brings the first Adventure Zone to the players. It is aimed at providing a challenging additional gameplay option to the veteran players.
The update comes with its very own storyline. The update allows players to explore the world of Craglorn, discover quests, play as part of a 12 player team in the trials and also obtain new and powerful weapons and armours.
The new story is based around unravelling the mystery of the constellations. The region between Skyrim and Cyrodiil is overrun by deadly forces, someone called the Celestial Warrior is laying siege in the west with his army of ancient Yokudans and the Celestial Mage and his atronachs are in the east.
In order to fight the Celestials a player will first need to pass the Trials of the Aetherian Archive and Hel Ra Citadel. The trials will take place with the player as part of a 12 member team. Players can join the madcap daredevils or the dungeon delvers of Tamriel for the task.
The offline maintenance of the servers of "Elder Scrolls Online" will begin on Thursday, 22 May. The North American Megaserver is scheduled for the maintenance at 8 AM EDT and the European Megaserver is scheduled for maintenance at 10 PM EDT.
Fans are excited about the new update, some of the players who are not at the maximum level are eager to reach the threshold in order to be eligible to play the updated story. Some of the players are concerned because the estimated downtime of the servers has not been mentioned by the company. A server maintenance usually takes just a few hours.
"Elder Scrolls Online" is currently available for PC and the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 versions are expected to be available soon. Fans are excited to see what new tactics can be used during gameplay in the new update and the effects of the new weapons and armour.
'Dragon Age' Inquisition: The Fortress of Adamant [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Star Trek' Horizons: War with the Romulans [Watch Trailer] [Read]
'Middle Earth' Shadow of Mordor - New Trailer Shows Gameplay Features [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon