Gina Carano Training at Black House; UFC President Dana White Confident They Will Sign Carano
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 22, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Black House has literally housed some of the biggest names in the mixed martial arts (MMA) industry such as Anderson Silva, Cat Zingano, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, and Lyoto Machida among other elite fighters. Recently, mixed martial artist Gina Carano was spotted doing some training sessions at Black House MMA gym in Los Angeles which sparked the rumour that she might be on her way for an MMA comeback.
On May 16, Black House mixed martial artist James Moontasri posted a photo of Carano holding up a "Moon Walker" shirt inside the Los Angeles Black House MMA gym.
Bjpenn.com further confirmed that Carano was indeed training at the gym. "The sidelined former face of WMMA is back in training and has taken up the mats over at Black House in Los Angeles," the web site wrote.
In the past weeks, Carano's name has been a regular in the MMA rumour mill after Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White expressed his longing to sign the 32-year-old Muay Thai expert. In April, White even revealed to Fox Sports that he is confident that they will be able to sign Carano to the UFC stable.
"I'm confident that we will (sign her) but we'll see what happens," said White.
"Until we have a deal, we're not even thinking about anything."
According to Fox Sports, White had already met with Carano to discuss about her future in the UFC. However, no deal has been finalised yet. White was reportedly convinced that Carano was ready for an MMA comeback, and not only that, Carano is out to prove that she can "conquer the sport she once ruled."
In another news article by Fox Sports, Carano revealed she has no problems competing in the sport she dominated for two years from 2006 to 2008, before suffering first defeat against Cristiane Justino in 2009. Carano said that she has never officially retired from the sport.
"I've never retired, I've never officially said that," Carano said.
"For some reason, a part of me has always kept it open."
Carano said that if the proposal is amenable, she might actually just consider fighting in the UFC.
"If the circumstances were right, you never know, I'm very open to it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up