Gina Carano Training at Black House; UFC President Dana White Confident They Will Sign Carano
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 22, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Black House has literally housed some of the biggest names in the mixed martial arts (MMA) industry such as Anderson Silva, Cat Zingano, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, and Lyoto Machida among other elite fighters. Recently, mixed martial artist Gina Carano was spotted doing some training sessions at Black House MMA gym in Los Angeles which sparked the rumour that she might be on her way for an MMA comeback.
On May 16, Black House mixed martial artist James Moontasri posted a photo of Carano holding up a "Moon Walker" shirt inside the Los Angeles Black House MMA gym.
Bjpenn.com further confirmed that Carano was indeed training at the gym. "The sidelined former face of WMMA is back in training and has taken up the mats over at Black House in Los Angeles," the web site wrote.
In the past weeks, Carano's name has been a regular in the MMA rumour mill after Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White expressed his longing to sign the 32-year-old Muay Thai expert. In April, White even revealed to Fox Sports that he is confident that they will be able to sign Carano to the UFC stable.
"I'm confident that we will (sign her) but we'll see what happens," said White.
"Until we have a deal, we're not even thinking about anything."
According to Fox Sports, White had already met with Carano to discuss about her future in the UFC. However, no deal has been finalised yet. White was reportedly convinced that Carano was ready for an MMA comeback, and not only that, Carano is out to prove that she can "conquer the sport she once ruled."
In another news article by Fox Sports, Carano revealed she has no problems competing in the sport she dominated for two years from 2006 to 2008, before suffering first defeat against Cristiane Justino in 2009. Carano said that she has never officially retired from the sport.
"I've never retired, I've never officially said that," Carano said.
"For some reason, a part of me has always kept it open."
Carano said that if the proposal is amenable, she might actually just consider fighting in the UFC.
"If the circumstances were right, you never know, I'm very open to it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage