Destiny's Child Reunites: Beyonce Shoots for Michelle Williams' New Song 'Say Yes' Featuring Kelly Rowland and Solange [ VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | May 22, 2014 4:14 PM EST
Destiny's Child is back. The girl group members Beyonce Knowles, Michelle Williams, Kelly Rowland got together and even had Solange Knowles in New Jersey to lend their voices to one of Michelle Williams' upbeat tracks called "Say Yes" and shoot a music video in Maplewood, New Jersey on Wednesday night.
Beyonce, center, Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams -- aka Destiny's Child -- wow the crowd at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans during the halftime show at the NFL's Super Bowl XLVII Sunday.
The song will appear on the upcoming album of Michelle Williams "Jesus Christ Superstar" and is quite catchy. Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland recorded scenes for Williams's new video this week, Digitalspy.co.uk is reporting. The reviews of Michelle's new single are already out.
"Quite possibly the first twerk-inducing song of praise, "Say Yes" is an infectious gospel club-banger starring Michelle with a little help from sisters Beyonce and Kelly Rowland," idolator.com reports.
"The percussion-filled production is an invitation to the dance floor, those harmonies remain unrivaled and the chorus is a monster. Trust me, "when Jesus say yes nobody can say no!" will be stuck in your head after the first listen," the Web site added.
"Say Yes" is a remake of a Nigerian gospel hymn, "When Jesus Says Yes." But MTV believes that this isn't a church song at all!
"This ain't your typical church song, though. The ladies manage to lift up Jesus while singing in perfect harmony over a very catchy, uptempo, and dare I say it, pop beat, with a classic choir chorus: "When Jesus says yes, nobody can say no/ When Jesus says yes, nobody can say no," says MTV.com.
Since 2005's break-up, it will be the first time since Michelle, Kelly and Beyonce have filmed a music video. Their last single was "Stand Up For Love," which was released in 2005. A large number of fans have captured the making of the music video and put the clips on Instagram. Check out one of the video grab and pictures posted by a fan on Instagram below.
"@beyonceis in MAPLEWOOD! I f-ckin love my town yo!!!!!! My life is complete ! I saw the queen," writes jadelle_dior on Instagram.
"Thank you for blessing Maplewood with your presence ComeAgain,'' the fan added.
Destiny's Child last reunited in 2013 for a performance at the Super Bowl XLVII halftime show but Michelle and Kelly didn't contribute to the song. Check out the "Say Yes" song below.
Source: youtube.com/Samet Hertica
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date