Microsoft Surface Pro 3: Configuration, Models, Colors and Price Revealed
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 22, 2014 4:08 PM EST
The most anticipated press conference by Microsoft is scheduled for this Tuesday. The company headed by CEO Satya Nadella is expected to announce its first-generation Surface Mini tablet. If rumors were true the Surface Pro 3 will also see the light of the day in the same event.
The Microsoft logo hangs from a window during the grand opening of Microsoft's first retail store in Scottsdale, Arizona October 22, 2009.
The Microsoft Surface Mini is expected to come with an 8 inches screen and will be powered by Qualcomm processor instead of an Nvidia chipset. Notably, the Windows RT tablets housed Nvidia chipset.
Microsoft accidentally confirmed the existence of Surface Pro 3 last week with a statement on the support page which stated "adds support to the Surface Pro 3 camera," Mashable claimed. But the company, however, dismissed the claim stating that it was a "typo."
If this is not reason enough, Paul Thurrott of Supersite for Windows claimed that the upcoming Surface Pro 3 tablet will house a bigger display when compared to the available models. He further added that the new third-generation Surface Pro 3 tablet will be quite thinner than the other models. The tablet could be in the 12 inches range.
Towards the end of last week, Windows Phone Central reported that the new Surface Pro 3 is expected to come in four shades namely black, purple, cyan and red. The color 'red' will be exclusive to Microsoft; that translates to, the shade can only be purchased from Microsoft Stores.
The site also disclosed the model names, configuration and the price details. Here is the list of models.
- Model i3 with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage is priced at $799
- Model i5 with 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage is priced at $999
- Model i5 with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage is priced at $1299
- Model i7 with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage is priced at $1549
- Model i7 with 8 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage is priced at $1949
In addition to the configuration information, the site also pointed out that the Surface Pro 3 will come with smaller/narrower bezel. Also, the ever-present 'Windows button' will be located on the vertical side of the tablet.
What do you think of the upcoming models of Surface Pro 3 tablets? Feel free to leave a comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills