Apple Inc. Rumours Not Worthy of Attention
By Athena Yenko | May 22, 2014 4:03 PM EST
1. The 3-D Printer from Apple is just a grandiose claim
Analyst Trip Chowdry from Global Equities Research told Benzinga on May 14 that Apple is believably entering the all-in-one 3D market. Chowdry predicts that Google is 'inspired' by this move and is following suit in June or October and will actually be releasing the 3D printer in 12 to 18 mmonths.
"It's either Apple or Microsoft [that inspired Google]. But developers feel that Apple is probably the focus for Google because Google considers Apple to be its prime competitor, not Microsoft. And Google really sees Apple to be a strong competitor, not Microsoft, because Microsoft has a lot of issues to worry about."
Chowdry believed that Apple's acquisition of PrimeSense in 2013 is a giveaway on its 3D printer plans.
Why investors ignore this rumour?
The analyst was not specific on details basing his predictions on Apple's experience in hardware and acquisitions alone.
Additionally, the analyst is known for his grandiose claim.
On March 20, Chowdry told CNBC that Apple would "disappear" if the company will not be able to launch its iWatch within 60 days.
"They only have 60 days left to either come up with something or they will disappear. It will take years for Apple's $130 billion in cash to vanish, but it will become an irrelevant company ... it will become a zombie, if they don't come up with an iWatch."
His 60 days ended on Monday.
NFC Mobile Payment Technology is a thing of the past
The NFC technology had longtime Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, BrightWire and Morgan Stanley's credibility questioned.
These analysts kept talking about Apple incorporating NFC technology soon.
Why investors should ignore this rumour?
Rumours of Apple Inc. utilising NFC technology seemed to forever be emerging year after year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal