Moto E Beats Samsung Galaxy S5 on Smoother User Experience Due to Near Vanilla UI vs. TouchWiz UI
By Ryan Inoyori | May 22, 2014 2:58 PM EST
Galaxy S5 vs. Moto E User Experience
Moto E would be ultimately destroyed if matched against with Galaxy S5 under the factors of benchmarking, camera modes, processor, RAM and other software services. But YouTube user Tom Rich noticed something weird on Galaxy S5 when compared closely with Moto E and it is all about user experience.
He compared the two smartphones and the user navigation throughout the user interface. Unfortunately, the new TouchWiz UI running on Galaxy S5 is not as fast as it should considering having quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and 2 GB of RAM versus the Android 4.4.2 near-vanilla UI, dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor and 1 GB of RAM on Moto E.
1. Waking up the screen is slightly faster on Moto E.
2. Launching the camera is slight slower on Galaxy S5.
3. Noticeable slow down on loading the gallery app on Galaxy S5 compared to the speed on Moto E.
4. Frame rates seem to be sluggish and rough on Galaxy S5 when scrolling throughout Google+.
5. Moto E's frame rate delivers smooth navigation on Google+ app.
How Did Moto E Provide Such Experience?
Basically, it is all about the user interface overlaying on top of Android 4.4.2 KitKat which is running on both Galaxy S5 and Moto E. Motorola decided to use near-vanilla user interface on Moto E similar with Moto X and Moto G to make sure that navigation won't suffer any lags and to match the appropriate hardware components.
On the other hand, even Samsung updated the TouchWiz UI and installed top-notch hardware parts on Galaxy S5, optimisation seems to be flawed as the user interface suffers some delays during navigation.
Manufacturers use iconic interfaces as their branding to create uniqueness against other Android makers. However, users should expect some slow down whenever another user interface exists on top of what Android already provided.
Moto E cannot match the ISOCELL camera module, Rapid Auto-Focus, exclusive Galaxy S apps and immersive display resolution of Galaxy S5. Yet it features faster user navigation, the latest Android features, decent camera and fair enough processing speed at such a low price compared to Samsung's current flagship smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510