HTC One M8 Prime Features Water Resistant Body, Dual Raised Camera
By Tanya Diente | May 22, 2014 2:48 PM EST
HTC has already released 3 versions of its former HTC One M7 flagship, namely the HTC One, HTC One Mini, and lastly the HTC One Max, which was pretty much the first mobile phone from the Taiwan manufacturer to fit the "phablet" category. Almost all mobile phone brands have a model that meet or exceed the 5" screen border. Even the Apple iPhone 6 according to Macrumors will feature a 5.5" screen model that will cater to the demand for a bigger size display.
The HTC One M8 was released March 2014 and shortly thereafter, the HTC One Mini 2 was confirmed and set for release this May 2014. The only thing missing from its 2014 lineup is the follow-up model for last year's HTC One Max. This makes consumers expect that another model is on the way from the Taiwanese manufacturer.
HTC One M8 Prime
According to CNet, rumours have been floating around that HTC will be releasing a bigger, better, and faster version of their HTC One M8. The reliable tipster @Evleaks posted a full 360-degree render of the HTC One M8 Prime. The new model features a different design from its predecessor the HTC One Max, which copied the form factor of the HTC One M7, but came with a bigger 5.9" screen, with a fingerprint scanner just below the rear camera. The new model features dual cameras at the back panel like the M8, except for the distinct orange bump, which houses the primary rear camera module (photo). The back panel on the HTC One M8 Prime seems to be more flat compared to the curved design of the regular M8. Engadget reported that the device will be the first model from HTC to feature a waterproof body that will be made out of a special aluminum and liquid silicone hybrid material. The phone will also be the first to run HTC's Sense 6.5 UI.
HTC One M8 Prime Specs and features at a glance
Phone Arena reports the following features and specs as revealed by the tipster @Evleaks.
-5.5" Quad HD (1,440 x 2,560) display
-Quad Core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 805 Processor with 3GB RAM
-LTE A connectivity
-Water Resistant Body made of Aluminum and Liquid Silicone Hybrid Material
-Dual Cameras similar to the HTC One M8
-Sense 6.5 UI
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal