HTC One M8 Prime Features Water Resistant Body, Dual Raised Camera
By Tanya Diente | May 22, 2014 2:48 PM EST
HTC has already released 3 versions of its former HTC One M7 flagship, namely the HTC One, HTC One Mini, and lastly the HTC One Max, which was pretty much the first mobile phone from the Taiwan manufacturer to fit the "phablet" category. Almost all mobile phone brands have a model that meet or exceed the 5" screen border. Even the Apple iPhone 6 according to Macrumors will feature a 5.5" screen model that will cater to the demand for a bigger size display.
The HTC One M8 was released March 2014 and shortly thereafter, the HTC One Mini 2 was confirmed and set for release this May 2014. The only thing missing from its 2014 lineup is the follow-up model for last year's HTC One Max. This makes consumers expect that another model is on the way from the Taiwanese manufacturer.
HTC One M8 Prime
According to CNet, rumours have been floating around that HTC will be releasing a bigger, better, and faster version of their HTC One M8. The reliable tipster @Evleaks posted a full 360-degree render of the HTC One M8 Prime. The new model features a different design from its predecessor the HTC One Max, which copied the form factor of the HTC One M7, but came with a bigger 5.9" screen, with a fingerprint scanner just below the rear camera. The new model features dual cameras at the back panel like the M8, except for the distinct orange bump, which houses the primary rear camera module (photo). The back panel on the HTC One M8 Prime seems to be more flat compared to the curved design of the regular M8. Engadget reported that the device will be the first model from HTC to feature a waterproof body that will be made out of a special aluminum and liquid silicone hybrid material. The phone will also be the first to run HTC's Sense 6.5 UI.
HTC One M8 Prime Specs and features at a glance
Phone Arena reports the following features and specs as revealed by the tipster @Evleaks.
-5.5" Quad HD (1,440 x 2,560) display
-Quad Core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 805 Processor with 3GB RAM
-LTE A connectivity
-Water Resistant Body made of Aluminum and Liquid Silicone Hybrid Material
-Dual Cameras similar to the HTC One M8
-Sense 6.5 UI
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble