HTC One M8 Prime Features Water Resistant Body, Dual Raised Camera
By Tanya Diente | May 22, 2014 2:48 PM EST
HTC has already released 3 versions of its former HTC One M7 flagship, namely the HTC One, HTC One Mini, and lastly the HTC One Max, which was pretty much the first mobile phone from the Taiwan manufacturer to fit the "phablet" category. Almost all mobile phone brands have a model that meet or exceed the 5" screen border. Even the Apple iPhone 6 according to Macrumors will feature a 5.5" screen model that will cater to the demand for a bigger size display.
The HTC One M8 was released March 2014 and shortly thereafter, the HTC One Mini 2 was confirmed and set for release this May 2014. The only thing missing from its 2014 lineup is the follow-up model for last year's HTC One Max. This makes consumers expect that another model is on the way from the Taiwanese manufacturer.
HTC One M8 Prime
According to CNet, rumours have been floating around that HTC will be releasing a bigger, better, and faster version of their HTC One M8. The reliable tipster @Evleaks posted a full 360-degree render of the HTC One M8 Prime. The new model features a different design from its predecessor the HTC One Max, which copied the form factor of the HTC One M7, but came with a bigger 5.9" screen, with a fingerprint scanner just below the rear camera. The new model features dual cameras at the back panel like the M8, except for the distinct orange bump, which houses the primary rear camera module (photo). The back panel on the HTC One M8 Prime seems to be more flat compared to the curved design of the regular M8. Engadget reported that the device will be the first model from HTC to feature a waterproof body that will be made out of a special aluminum and liquid silicone hybrid material. The phone will also be the first to run HTC's Sense 6.5 UI.
HTC One M8 Prime Specs and features at a glance
Phone Arena reports the following features and specs as revealed by the tipster @Evleaks.
-5.5" Quad HD (1,440 x 2,560) display
-Quad Core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 805 Processor with 3GB RAM
-LTE A connectivity
-Water Resistant Body made of Aluminum and Liquid Silicone Hybrid Material
-Dual Cameras similar to the HTC One M8
-Sense 6.5 UI
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories